News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Thumbnails for Simutrans website

Started by jamespetts, April 20, 2013, 01:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I thought that I should have a go at producing a new thumbnail to represent Pak128.Britain on the official website. I have produced a number of variants on a theme such that, if any of these are considered suitable, there is a good selection between them. The current thumbnail shows buildings but not much in the way of stops/vehicles/ways, so I thought that I should produce something that rectified that somewhat and made the pakset look a little more exciting. Here is what I have produced:

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

I most like number 6 as it shows a train, boat, bridge and station. The last one would be good as well if you added some form of road transport to give life to the road. What I would say is that I think the city buildings should be carefully chosen. The red brick building with wide windows is one I've never liked as it doesn't fit others from the time period.

Junna

Quote from: kierongreen on April 20, 2013, 07:48:30 AM
I most like number 6 as it shows a train, boat, bridge and station. The last one would be good as well if you added some form of road transport to give life to the road. What I would say is that I think the city buildings should be carefully chosen. The red brick building with wide windows is one I've never liked as it doesn't fit others from the time period.

I second both points. Perhaps the boat could do being less hidden by the bridges, too.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

kierongreen

jamespetts

That was my favourite, too. Thank you for the feedback.

jamespetts

Hmm, on the subject of the official website, I also notice that it refers to an out of date version of Pak128.Britain, being 1.13, rather than 1.14.

The Hood

I'm in agreement. Who do we need to get to do these changes?

jamespetts

I have posted a topic here requesting the change - I hope that this is helpful.