News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Offsets for road vehicles

Started by jamespetts, April 20, 2013, 04:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Is there a known set of offsets that will correctly align a road vehicle from graphics aligned as if for another sort of vehicle? I have set up Blender, using The Hood's version of Zeno's scripts with some modifications, to produce automatically aligned vehicles so that all that I need to do once they are exported from Blender is to combine them into a single image using ImageMasker/Render Post Processor and add the special colour background. This does not work for road vehicles, however, as they are on a different alignment. If there was a standardised/known set of offsets that could be applied to vehicles in the .dat files, however, this would make things much easier, and allow me to have automatically exported road vehicles, too. These would be for Pak128.Britain, so the tile size is 128x128, if that affects the offsets.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

I don't know of one, but don't forget things are complicated in pak128.Britain by the "drive on left".

jamespetts

Hmm - how does this affect the alignment?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

You have to do the alignment as if they drove on the right, then the game engine does some offsetting to convert to drive on left.

jamespetts