News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Allow Public Service to change netgame player passwords

Started by Fifty, May 14, 2013, 06:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifty

Back in the old days, when you unlocked public service, you could then click the red box and change the password for any player. In online netgames (and not local games or on the server), this seems to no longer be the case since passwords are hashed in a separate file. Unlock public service, and you can't change passwords!

Now, I think that this can be done in Timothy's nettool, but I'm about to start up my game server again, and it's a lot easier to have this functionality in-game. I'd like to suggest the following, which would be very helpful:

1. To unlock and access players (but not change the password), unlock public service, click the red box and press "enter" with no password entered.
2. To Change the password/Lock out players unlock public service, click red box and then type a new password, then "enter."
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Vonjo

1. Why? If a player do something wrong, tell him how to correct it. If he don't listen, just kick him out ;D.
2. I agree. (FYI, this feature has already been available in nettool.)

prissi

Indeed password change by public player should be enabled again. Not sure when it was lost.

Fifty

While kicking players works fine with changing passwords, with active moderated games it could be helpful to solve traffic jams. Also, the ability to sell vehicles would be helpful. But just having password changing abilities again would be a start.

Dwachs

Quote from: prissi on May 14, 2013, 09:10:49 PM
Indeed password change by public player should be enabled again. Not sure when it was lost.
This functionality is completely gone overboard ??? No easy fix. You could use nettool...
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fifty

Hmm, that's too bad. Is there any decent documentation around for compiling and using nettool? I've looked around, but I haven't found much.

Dwachs

If you configured your source files to compile simutrans, then running make within in the nettools directory will compile the nettool.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.