News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Factory stuck on a non existing connection.

Started by Max-Max, May 26, 2013, 02:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max-Max

One of my trains suddenly stopped to load any cargo at the Cellulose factory. The factory was producing goods, the platform was full but the train didn't load.

I rechecked the route and made a new schedule for the train. Still refusing to load.
I then removed all stations/stops within the factory's range and look... The factory still thinks it is connected... I guess the there must be a glitch in the list of connections somewhere...

Is there a way to clean up this kind of "lose ends"? Is there a sanity check at load/save to remove invalid links?
- My code doesn't have bugs. It develops random features...

Ters

I wonder if the original problem with the train not loading was something that could happen if the map was rotated and the consuming factory wasn't rectangular. If so, then I think it should have been fixed in a long line of nightlies and the latest release.

prissi

The connections is only updated slowly and will be shown as long as somewhere are some goods in transit. You may save and reload the game to see, if it still persists.

Max-Max

I saved, restarted Simutrans and loaded it back. Still same connection and the Factory continues to produce goods even when there are no stops within range.

I also deleted all lines and schedules that previously stoped at these factories (Producer and consumer), It is stil connected and producing goods.

I'm running v112.3 Nightly from last week.

Ters

The factory should keep producing until its output queue is full, shouldn't it? It would make sense since the default state for a factory is to be full. If goods keeps disappearing from the output queue, there is something odd going on, because the code that removes goods from a factory should also put it somewhere.

Have you saved and reloaded after deleting all stops and vehicles? It could be that goods in transit that disappears because the station/vehicle they're on is deleted, don't register with the goods-in-transit monitoring system that they are gone. Or that the attempt to notify fails because they have an invalid destination.

I think we should focus on the why the trains stopped loading in the first place. The rest might just be false leads or things that don't work because the data is already messed up by something else.

Dwachs

Max-Max, could you please upload a savegame, which shows this behavior? This would make it much easier to debug ...
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Max-Max

Ouf, sorry, I forgot to turn on notification for this thread. Yes, I will see if I can dig out that game save for you...