News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Fifty's Simutrans Servers

Started by Fifty, June 17, 2013, 04:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Fifty you need to reduce the in-transit percentage on the pak128 server to 1000% (down from 1600%). Oil Rigs have too much output storage to support anything higher (the max is about 1085%, an 85% margin of error seems reasonable). Currently an Oil-fired Power Station is unable to operate due to its sole supplier, an oil rig, causing it to have negative in-transit maximum. Another facility (refinery?) is able to operate barely due to having enough separate suppliers that it has managed to cancel out the overflow negative amount from the oil rig.

1000% should be sufficient under the current mechanics. Originally it used to be a multiple of the input storage for an industry. Now it is a multiple for the sum of output storage maximum for all suppliers to an industry. The result is that a smaller percentage will produce considerably larger results than it did before, especially for well connected industries.

Fifty

Servers have been shut down. Thanks everyone for playing, and sorry for all the downtime this summer.

Here are the saves:

pak 64 Food:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/pak64FoodS14final.sve
pak 64 Supposedly no food (nightly r7264)
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/pak64S14final2.sve
pak128:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/pak128S14final2.sve
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

DrSuperGood

Sigh and I was just starting to make a good Pak128 passenger and mail network.

Fifty

Summer is back again and so are my servers!

I've made a number of changes to my setup which should hopefully give me the ability to run larger maps and have fewer crashes, but of course with new changes always tend to come new problems, so please let me know if you have any issues.

On the 64 side, there is a somewhat auto-generated map, but quite a large one.

On the 128 side there is a brand new handmade map of the Mid Atlantic USA, roughly from Southern Virginia to Central Pennsylvania, with fairly accurate rivers and cities. This map may be a bit of a challenge getting started, so if you're new to netgaming or Simutrans I recommend the 64 server.

A third server may come up if I think I can handle it to test JIT2.

I plan to run these servers for about 2 months.

AK

Good to see you back in business. :)

DrSuperGood

QuoteSummer is back again and so are my servers!
A server? URG MY HEART! Ill try and partake in 128.

A third server may come up if I think I can handle it to test JIT2.
My tests with nightly showed it to be quite stable. I do admit that flow control for "delivering to nowhere" problem needs work.

Lmallet

This forum need a "like" button.  :)

Vladki

Hi, I'd like to join (especially if the jit2 server will eventualy be up), but I can't connect, I get pakset mismatch even though I downloaded them via get_pak.sh, or from the forum: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=14126.0

I'm playing on 64-bit linux.

Update I managed to connect to pak64 server, but not pak128... How can I find what is wrong?

DrSuperGood

QuoteUpdate I managed to connect to pak64 server, but not pak128... How can I find what is wrong?
Download it off the forums. The automatic download is not linking to the latest version.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Lmallet on May 30, 2015, 04:21:10 AM
This forum need a "like" button.  :)

Your comment pushed me to find a mod because I've been wanting this for a while. So... yours is the first comment liked using the new system. I know, because I just installed it and tested it on your comment! hehe

Further discussion should be directed to the announcement thread: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=14633.new#new

Fifty

@Vladki, yes, you need to download from the pak 128, not the main download page. I will put that in the first topic, thanks.

@Issac nice new feature!

Bravo

Is it possible to have a Public station/bus terminal for making larger networks with several players?

Fifty

You can make them yourself, and invite other players to join the public exchanges.

To make a public station, go to the special construction menu, and then choose the "make station public." It will then be public for others to use. If you use this tool on a station that is adjacent to another public station, it will become part of that station.

Vladki

@DrSupergood: thanks for the link. Now I can connect.

Spacethingy

Any chance the food chain addon could be made a little more visible? It's getting kind of buried all the way down in the 110.0 files on Sourceforge, and it's no longer on the simutrans.com download page.

Food chain download location: http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/pak64/110-0/

Edit: Bother, that link's addon doesn't work with the server either. Could someone give the links for the pak and addon that are in use?
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

DrSuperGood

Use the 120.0.1 installer to download pak64 and the food addon. That is what I did and that version works.

Fifty

You'll need the 112-2 version of the food chain addon, it is currently the latest per the download threads on the forum.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/pak64/112-2/simupak64-addon-food-112-2.zip/download

Fifty

64 server is back up after some downtime. Still trying to resolve issues with my auto restart script and can't crash the program on demand!

DrSuperGood

Quotecan't crash the program on demand
You can by using the cyclic intersection bug. That was fixed in nightly but has not made it to release yet.

Fifty

Server is back up after a power outage. You may have lost some work, and if so I'm sorry. Remember that the game only saves upon any client joining, not when leaving. So if you do a lot of work I encourage you to disconnect and resync as a safeguard.

Fifty

My server is FUBARed at the moment; neither my usual restart scripts or a hard reboot seems to be able to stop it from going into a tailspin. So down for now since as usual I don't have time to fix it. Will be back up as soon as that is possible. Sorry!

Kobalt

It's a pity  :-[. Waiting to see it up again  ;D. Thanks for your efforts.

Fifty

Worked on my server today. Appears that I broke some of my safety mechanisms when I did the modifications this summer and got it infected with a virus. I will have to wipe it and start over. Unfortunately, I don't have time to get this done by the time I would need to shut down anyway, and so the servers are down for the summer. Sorry about this! I will post save games when I can.

DrSuperGood

QuoteAppears that I broke some of my safety mechanisms when I did the modifications this summer and got it infected with a virus.
This is why I really do not like Linux lol. The number of marks at University I lost because of Linux doing stupid things when I just needed it to work is kind of sad.

For example if you want to move out files from an external file system which do not have local account permissions some times you need administrator permission to do it. However simply using SUDO is not enough then since it will still throw permission errors when trying to move some files. You actually need to start the console (somehow) as administrator to do those moves, which is more Google lookup work as it is not obvious.

What really gets me is when I install a Linux virtual machine for private and seldom use (only when I want to run Linux stuff) I still need all kinds of administrator passwords. This would be fine if it did not trick me into thinking that one could forgo them (void the fields) during the OS install resulting in a installation that is unusable as you cannot SUDO. This would be fine if not for when I did give it a password it was too short so that when I tried to use it did not accept it because of insufficient length. Another Linux reinstall sigh.

Do not get me wrong, Linux is great especially since it is free. However it is not easy to use and doing anything with it could take several times longer than one would expect.

prissi

On the other hand you can delete everything as a user and it will only delete your stuff. Try this on a windows machine and it will become unusable. (Our admin in 1995, when we got our first NT server try this. It was his way of slimming a unix server ...)

Honestly, almost any system nowadays is too complex for its own good. (That was why I like(d) Haiku.)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Let's not get into OS debates here, shall we?

I'm not going to respond to the comments on Linux. Every OS has strengths and weaknesses, and a lot of people make unfair attacks on them all. It gets tiresome.