News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Some results...

Started by Junna, June 30, 2013, 04:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenling

Junna
Your photo looks very good out.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

Thank you for that - now added.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

I can't figure out how to do the shadows right on the hospital; disabling anti-alising entirely makes the entire complex off and contours are hazy. I assume they ought to be changed somehow, but to what? Can't figure out how to only disable antialising against the background...

Meanwhile, elsewhere:

Class 501 (these were fourth-rail units until 1971, when they were converted to third rail together with the rest of the LNWR system of the Watford DC lines).

And a Class 312 AC EMU (the graphics might stand in for 310 as well...)

And finally blue recolour of the 307 (this should be coded, I guess - if possible - as an upgrade to the 307, as it was by this time converted to an AC unit...)

greenling

Hello Junna
You Photos from the new Train looks very good out.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

kierongreen

Well if you look at render settings for vehicles they have antialiasing to background only disabled.

jamespetts

Thank you for doing those - they do look rather splendid. Would it be terribly tedious of me if I were to ask if you could produce earlier livery versions of the BR Class 501 and earlier/later livery versions of the BR Class 312? When I produce new rail vehicles myself, I generally try to make sure that they have a full set of liveries that they wore during their lifetimes. Many of the older EMUs have yet to have multiple liveries, but I am hoping that that will come soon. If you need any assistance with the slightly trickier NSE livery, please do let me know.

As to the 307 - this is an interesting conundrum. Although one might think on the face of it that one could have this as a separate upgrade to the existing class 307, using the replacer to upgrade a DC EMU to an AC EMU will not work, as they would be stuck as having no appropriate electrification as soon as they had finished being replaced. I think that the best approach is simply to use this as a new livery variant of the existing 307 but keep it as an overhead DC EMU (of which there are limited numbers in any event). The same might apply to the conversion of the 501 to third rail - again, it is best to keep it as a fourth rail unit for that reason, I think.

As to the hospital - I am not so much an expert in the shading of buildings, but anti-aliasing of some sort needs to be turned on. On the other hand, the hospital doesn't need a great deal of improvement anyway, aside from the suggestions that Kieron and I have made above.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ӔO

FWIW, that's what diesels are for.

Add in diesels to the line
replace/upgrade convoys to different electrification
upgrade electrification
add replaced vehicles back into the line
retire diesels

in the real world, sometimes companies had to rent or lease diesels from other companies while they upgraded their electrification.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Junna

Jaffa Cake livery for the 410/11/12 - but only with the regular intermediate trailers (mk.1 coaching stock), as I don't think the buffet/restaurant cars ever had the livery. But I'm not sure if it is worth including.

Finalised hospital images; shadows and background antialising fixed.
South

East
North

West

By the way, if the 501 is fourth-rail, fourth-rail needs its maximum speed raised to 120km/h.

Junna

312 in Blue Grey:

This is the first one that has actually been correctly aligned upon render...

jamespetts

Ahh, very nice! Have you worked out what you have done differently here to what you had done before?

Edit: As to the jaffa cake livery, definitely worth including. Some units carried that livery for quite a number of years, I seem to recall.

kierongreen

Nice - I definitely remember seeing jaffa cake trains :)

greenling

Hello junna
This Trains looks in this livery very good out.

The Hood

Excellent - any snow images for the hospital?

Junna

Quote from: The Hood on July 22, 2013, 05:42:37 PM
Excellent - any snow images for the hospital?

I'm not sure how one would go about producing those - how were the existing ones done?

jamespetts

You need to use the clouds texture with a white colour (80% V, 0% H and S) and an alpha blend on top of any existing texture on all upward facing external surfaces, and render it once with and once without those textures visible, the first being the snow and the second the non-snow image.

Junna

Mersey Railway american-style 1903 EMU:
Front:

Trailer:

Rear motor:

And a livery, 423 in NSE:
Front:

TSO:

MBSO:

Rear:

501 in railblue:

Front:

Middle:

Rear:

jamespetts

greenling

Junna
Very good work that they you have make.

jamespetts

Incidentally, I haven't forgotten about this - I haven't had time to include anything other than the American style units yet, as I have been working on passenger generation. Would it be possible for you to make your .blends of these available? It would be most helpful.

Did you plan on making any further livery variants of any of the BR units, incidentally? I know that a number would have had green livery at some point, for example.

Junna

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cvhhdptspafgf8p/moreblends.rar 312, 501 and the Mersey units.

Sorry about the terrible state of them.

jamespetts

Thank you - that is helpful.

jamespetts

The .rar file seems to be missing the NSE variant of the 4-VEP (423); would you mind uploading that? It will be useful to have the NSE version to convert into SWT livery in due course.

I have, however, added your NSE livery and an all-over blue livery of the 4-VEP now to my Github repository.

The Hood

All new rail vehicles up to here are now in standard SVN. Junna, did you make any progress on snow images for the hospital?

Junna

Revised the hospital a bit:

Snow images:
E

N

W

S

Warm:

E

N

W

S

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on July 27, 2013, 03:57:37 PM
The .rar file seems to be missing the NSE variant of the 4-VEP (423); would you mind uploading that? It will be useful to have the NSE version to convert into SWT livery in due course.

I have, however, added your NSE livery and an all-over blue livery of the 4-VEP now to my Github repository.

Ah, thought you only wanted originals, but here is the vep:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oc9m55byxbg9u2x/vepnse.rar

The Hood

That's great - thansk Junna. Hospital now added to SVN so I think I'm up to date with all your new creations. Amazing how quickly you've got the hang of producing graphics - the hospital fits in brilliantly. Would love to have a few more!

Junna

A modern coal-fired power station... It lacks something. Not sure what would be appropriate to enrich it. Any suggestions?

ӔO

it looks like you have the cooling tower, boiler, steam turbine and stack, so you would be lacking water reservoir and maybe precipitator and scrubber for the stack

and maybe a parking lot?

there's a diagram here: http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Conventional_coal-fired_power_plant
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

I agree with AEO - and possibly also some smaller huts for storing equipment, and perhaps a control room? Looking very good, though! We could very much do with a modern power station.

kierongreen

Fences too would be good. Is the grass just there to give an idea of size for now?

jamespetts

The grass? Hmm - I may have missed that. Are there specific fences in Pak128.Britain Standard? If so, I need to add them to Experimental, as I think that many players would appreciate that.

kierongreen

There aren't fences as such but power stations are usually surrounded by them... As for around ways etc that's something for another day.

jamespetts

Ohh, I see - misunderstood your post. Yes, I agree that boundary fences would be a good idea. Don't want randoms bumbling into a power station.

Junna

Meanwhile: 312 NSE livery
front
panto:

Trailer:

back: