News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Freeze on "unloading map"

Started by Junna, July 08, 2013, 03:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Not sure why it happens. Starts after playing for a while with the latest compile of 11.x branch in an online game. Now, cannot load anything.

Add:

Seems the issue is some kind of save game corruption.

Required pak: http://www.mediafire.com/download/27c39cn0zh7twy6/Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.8.4J.rar
Save:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6217ja5in3uyd6n/gane.sve

Load will fail on "unloading map..." and freeze.

jamespetts

May I ask - in which version did you save this game?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

A compile from the night before last (9.0008).

jamespetts

Hmm - I am having some trouble reproducing this with any game that I save, I am afraid, although it appears on the game that I load. It might just be that the previous version that you compiled from the 11.x branch had an issue which is fixed in a more recent version.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

Hello junna
It's your pakset that you yesterday here be post have,a pakset that with Simutrans-Experimental-11.9007 work?
EDIt:
Jamespetts & Junna have everyone a makeobj exp for the Simutrans-Experimental-11.9007 on windows 7 64bit?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on July 09, 2013, 10:29:35 AM
Hmm - I am having some trouble reproducing this with any game that I save, I am afraid, although it appears on the game that I load. It might just be that the previous version that you compiled from the 11.x branch had an issue which is fixed in a more recent version.

It did happen on a save from a network game - if this might be relevant. A client had experienced severe lag just previous (clients game would not recognise additions and changes made), and the save game itself suddenly became much smaller by about 20%.

jamespetts

Having investigated further, the problem was the city rules loading problem discussed here: the version in which the game was saved must have been one before this was fixed. A rescued version of your game can be found here.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on July 09, 2013, 10:37:01 PM
Having investigated further, the problem was the city rules loading problem discussed here: the version in which the game was saved must have been one before this was fixed. A rescued version of your game can be found here.

Is that fixed on 11.x; all I know is I compiled it, and I don't think you have made any changes to 11.x since the version compiled (50k speed limit fix).

Thank you for rescuing the save, though.

jamespetts

Ahh - were you saving a network game locally and then reloading it? I have just fixed an issue that might have caused that problem if one were to do that.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on July 09, 2013, 11:18:15 PM
Ahh - were you saving a network game locally and then reloading it? I have just fixed an issue that might have caused that problem if one were to do that.

That was indeed what I was doing, good to hear.

jamespetts

This fix does, however, mean that anyone trying to load a game from the most recent RC will be unable to do so unless they manually edit the save version numbering in the RC before saving.