News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Low passenger amount despite high passenger factor

Started by fuzion_051, July 10, 2013, 04:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzion_051

Hi guys,

Had just returned back to simutrans after a long break. Got a question here regarding passenger factors:
How come I'm still having low passenger volume even though I have already increased the passenger factor value to >1000 in the simuconf tab? Am I missing something; do I still need to modify other files aside from the simuconf tab? My route connections in the game are also good enough.
Hope someone can help me out. Thanks!

kierongreen

fuzion_051

Here are two simuconf tab files; the first one is from the simutrans->config folder while the second one is from the simutrans->pak->config folder.
My simutrans version is 110-0-1.

Do I need to edit both of these simuconf tab files?

Fifty

The reason Kieron asked for the savegame is because changing simuconf.tab after you start a game will not affect the settings -- they are saved with the game. Did you change the settings in simuconf after you created the game? If so, you'll need to start a new game or access the secret settings dialog:

Quote from: Fifty on May 29, 2012, 04:42:25 PM
Just open menuconf.tab, located in pakxyz/config, change
#dialog_tool[27]=
to some unused keyboard shortcut, for example "~" and remove the #
dialog_tool[27]=,~

Then open the game, press ~ (or whatever button you chose)

In that dialog you should be able to find and increase the passenger factor.

P.S. Why don't you use a more recent release of simutrans (112-3?)
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

kierongreen

Ah yes, different simuconf files do have different priorities so that might be it too. You shouldn't need to set it anywhere near as high as 1024 though.

fuzion_051

Quote from: Fifty on July 11, 2013, 11:35:08 AM
The reason Kieron asked for the savegame is because changing simuconf.tab after you start a game will not affect the settings -- they are saved with the game. Did you change the settings in simuconf after you created the game? If so, you'll need to start a new game or access the secret settings dialog:

In that dialog you should be able to find and increase the passenger factor.

P.S. Why don't you use a more recent release of simutrans (112-3?)

That quite worked thanks however, I seem to have messed up again with it. After exiting, I still increased the pax factor in simuconf tab and when I returned to the game this fatal error occurred:
FATAL ERROR: planquadrat_t::rdwr() - Error while loading game: unknown ground type '8' Aborting program execution ...

Hope this can still be fixed, I don't want to loose the huge map I manually made for the game.

prissi

MAybe you changed by accident also your savegame version?

Ben Masangcay

Ah yeah I forgot to mention. I didn't find the "#dialog_tool[27]=" in the menuconf tab of version 110, so I downloaded the latest version 112 where I did the subsequent editing as suggested by Fifty.

Fifty

Once you got into the settings dialog, did you change any settings other than passenger_factor in the economy and cities tab? It says that 16 is the greatest value here, is that true? (I always thought 16 was default and you could still increase it...)

Can you upload the savegames (both before and after you made the change, if possible) to files.simutrans-germany.com?
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

fuzion_051

Quote from: Fifty on July 12, 2013, 04:35:28 PM
Once you got into the settings dialog, did you change any settings other than passenger_factor in the economy and cities tab? It says that 16 is the greatest value here, is that true? (I always thought 16 was default and you could still increase it...)

Can you upload the savegames (both before and after you made the change, if possible) to files.simutrans-germany.com?

Upon entering the settings dialog there are two buttons at the upper portions, simuconf and default settings. I clicked the simuconf button since I edited myself the simuconf tab in the pak folder using notepad (and since I cannot also increase passenger_factor to more than 16 when I'm in the settings dialog). After that I saved the game.

I can only upload the savegame after I made the change, since I unfortunately wasn't able to make a backup of the game before I made the changes.