News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Helicopter - Parameters?

Started by Milko, August 22, 2013, 08:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

If I remember correctly Experimental allows you to configure the aircraft such as helicopters, the length of the runway must be set to zero? Other parameter?

In fact I'm making a zeppelin, which lands in a manner more like a helicopter than a plane.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

VTOL aircraft have not been tested in Simutrans-Experimental so far as I know, but, if one is prepared to accept that they will taxi, it should in theory be possible to simulate one by setting the minimum runway length to zero. One could also add an airship landing field/heliport to improve the appearance of this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

transporter

Could you not just have them route like ships directly to a landing pad?

jamespetts

As a matter of fact, this is what I have now done on the 11.x branch (although they do take off a bit suddenly; but this was on the basis of minimal code modification).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.