News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Passengers disappear on hub station arrival

Started by Zeno, July 21, 2013, 03:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

Hi all. I have just installed 11.1 and I found that a bus full with 60 people landed on a station where 50 should have been waited for an intercity bus, but they just went off the bus and disappeared. Unfortunatelly that sounds pretty much like the cargo transfer bug reported few days ago, which is supposed to be fixed in this new version.

I guess this has nothing to do with the max wait times and that stuff, if so, they wouldn't have been generated, or at least they would have waited a bit in the station before disappearing, am I right?

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game in which this can be reproduced? I should be most grateful. Thank you for the report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Zeno

jamespetts

I think that I probably better had have them to make sure that I can reproduce your situation exactly.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Zeno

Let me know if this is enough. Thank you.
The problem can be seen at Lloret bus station.
The file: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/exp.7z

jamespetts

To which pakset ought this addon be added?

Zeno

jamespetts

Hmm, I can't reproduce this. When I try to run it, however, the inter-city coach arrives a fraction of a second after the town 'bus and picks up all the passengers for remote destinations; is this what you might have seen?

Zeno

Nope. The intercity arrived when the other bus was really far away. I never seen those passengers going to the townhall in the stop; similar thing in reverse order: people getting the urban bus which went to the second town in the intercity line were dropped ok, but the ones that wanted to go to the town in the middle of the intercity route were never seen at the bus station.

I'm not using a full clean install; main config file probably hasn't been cleaned and might be the same I used for 11.0. Could that be the source of the problem rather than a bug??

jamespetts

The configuration files should not make a difference, as the settings are saved with the saved game. May I ask - in the saved game that you supplied, does the bug occur for you reliably upon one of the two 'buses first stopping at the interchange 'bus stop after the game loads? If so, which one?

Zeno

It happens with both buses: the urban one will only drop passengers for the final destination (town, palamós I think it's its name), and not for the one in the middle of the intercity route; the intercity bus will drop no passengers to the bus station. At least that was what I was able to see yesterday, I will be able to give you more details this evening when I'm back home.

jamespetts

Thank you - the more detail the better. Edit: Can you let me know also which version of Pak128 that you are using?

Zeno

Probably I used latest sources of pak128 to compile a custom version. I don't keep a register of all changes, but vehicles and goods have chances of being modified.
I could also 7zip the whole pak and make it available for you to download, if it will help.

Also, later I can try to do a clean install and see if it still reproduces.

jamespetts

I think that I have found and fixed this on the 11.x branch: the problem was that, whenever there was an intermediate transfer stop in walking distance of the passengers' ultimate destination, the passengers would automatically disembark there, even if they were bound to change for transport to take them closer to their destination. This is now fixed on the 11.x branch.

Zeno

Aaah. I understand this fix wasn't present in the 11.1 release, was it?

jamespetts

No - I have fixed it in the last hour or two.

Zeno

jamespetts