News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

World records messages

Started by Václav, January 14, 2009, 09:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Some days ago I downloaded number 2218 and I found some new things - game remember some settings (for example people on roads) but it does not agree disabling messages about overcrowded stations and still (from time it was added) I cannot disable world records messages without disabling new/obsolete vehicles messages.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

Those are the same category (not so important vehicle messages). Thus they can be only disabled together.

Zeno

And what about disabling messages about overcrowded stations? Is it possible to disable them?

prissi

There is an own menu point for this, at least in the english translation.

isidoro

What about the message that appears when you switch players?  When playing with several companies at the same time, they clutter the message window.  Can they be disabled?

Ormac

I checked with my copy of the nightly (r2227) and couldn't see anything different in the Message Centre to usual.

The closest thing to disabling messages in Simutrans AFAIK is to use the auto-close option for the messages [middle of three] in the Message Centre options. (That's what I do) for the ones I don't want to deal with

Here are the Message Categories and the sort of Messages

New Year: A new year has just started, you have twelve months to make as much money as you desire
AI News: What your competition is doing, use this to your advantage
City News: Reports city milestones,  Pause and celebrate with the denizens
No Route: Your vehicles cannot reach their destination, solve this quick or your bankrupt and out of a job
New Industries: Reports appearance of new factories, maybe you could become an integral  part of their business
Tourist: There is now something interesting for people to see, quick bus them over before they get bored
New Vehicles: A new vehicle is available to use, it might be faster, larger, stronger or all of the above.
Station Full: A station is approaching it's storage capacity, perhaps you should haul away more goods.
Problems: There is a problem  somewhere (Usually a Traffic Jam) or you have switched to another company

All this can be located at Message Centre in your Starter Guide or Reference Manual.

--- Edit 26 Jan ---

:-[ :-[ :-[

I just realised you can toggle all message settings to off to Disable messages being displayed.
I will adjust the material to reflect this realisation.

Ormac 8)
Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com

Václav

Quote from: prissi on January 14, 2009, 10:25:07 AM
Those are the same category (not so important vehicle messages). Thus they can be only disabled together.

I beg your pardon (don't be angry with me): I don't agree with you.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

z9999

I agree. World records messages is not need for game, it is only for fun.
But message for new or retire vehicle is very important in game.

I want to hide only World records messages without hide message for new or retire vehicle, too.

jamespetts

Quote from: z9999 on January 16, 2009, 11:23:20 AM
I agree. World records messages is not need for game, it is only for fun.

Hmm, if there is being devised a system for having passengers decide which service to used based on service quality, the fact that a line is served by vehicles of a type that have obtained a speed record might be relevant to whether passengers choose that or another route?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Fabio

A world record message could go into category celebrations, with city infos and the like...

z9999

Quote from: fabio on January 16, 2009, 12:40:08 PM
A world record message could go into category celebrations, with city infos and the like...

No, city infos are not celebrations messages, they are also important messages in game. Please don't merge them together.

Fabio

ok, i got confused by Ormac's nice tips...

What about merging it with New Year??? this can also be seen as a celebration...