News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Way constraints

Started by AvG, July 31, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvG

James,

I am still struggling with my solution to be able to make boats, that are capable to use a combination of rivers, lakes, canals and open water.

Can you explain in way_constraint_permissive[4]=4  what both figures 4 mean?

Is there an overview of these type of codes?

AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

The two figures do not represent something different here: they simply refer to permissive constraint no. 4 (there is some element of redundancy in the coding for reading these constraints, which I wrote a considerable time ago).

The way constraints are fully customisable in the pakset (see here for details). However, in Pak128.Britain-Ex, permissive way constraint no. 4 is "waterway": this is the constraint used to prevent river boats going on open ocean by defining all rivers and canals as having permissive constraint no. 4, which allows all boats also encoded with permissive constraint no. 4 to use them (boats encoded with permissive constraint no. 4 cannot go anywhere except on a way with permissive constraint no. 4 set). If you want a boat that can use canals and rivers but also go on the open ocean, define one without any permissive constraint set (open water is deemed to have no constraints at all), but set the relevant prohibitive constraints for the types of waterway that you want to use.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.