News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

the goods change

Started by mfanschen123, July 28, 2013, 12:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfanschen123

I used a station to transport food, fishflour and meat.  I found that the trucks will auto change the goods for transport. for exemple, the truck will transport fish instead of food, how to do?

Václav

There are some categories of goods in game.

One truck, ship, plane or train car can transport only one category of goods.

You can transport coal and sand together (even if it is very strange) or each of them in one direction. But you cannot transport meat and books together - because one is frozen and other is common (paletted) good.

Simply: you need two trucks, one for fish and other for food.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Ters

Apart from passengers and mail, it is up to each pak set which goods are available and which goods belong to the same category. So if you see something work in one pak set, it may not work in another. On category is special, and does not allow vehicle sharing. Passengers and mail belong to this category, plus whatever else the pak set puts there.

mfanschen123

Sorry, I mean I set the trunk to transport the food, but it changed to transport fish. I mean how to avoid this.

Václav

Now I am a little confused.

Pay attention to what truck (or truck trailer) you buy. It is only one advice I can do.

gauthier

I think mfanschen says that both fish and food are transported as cooled goods so there is a problem with factories'crossconections, I have exactly the same problems with trains transporting logs instead of planks in a complex wood chain.

Unfortunately there is no efficient way of avoiding this, the best solution would be coders adding a "empty convoy" parameter in schedule's mannagement ...

mfanschen123

Hi, gauthier, you are right. It is a chain of food industry. So I can do nothing now? TKS

gauthier

If your problem is what I think it is : you have two industries'chains of food going to the same supermarket/whatever and fish goes from chain 1 to chain 2, passing by supermarket and thus messing up the two chains.
The only way to solve this is making two separate stations for the supermarket so as to prevent fish from traveling between the two chains.

If your problem is not what I described, a screenshot of your map or a scheme with some explanations would be welcome.

Ters

Quote from: gauthier on July 29, 2013, 08:35:54 AM
Unfortunately there is no efficient way of avoiding this, the best solution would be coders adding a "empty convoy" parameter in schedule's mannagement ...

Or that pak set authors make different vehicles for different goods. Neither solves all problems, as the same behaviour may be wanted and unwanted in different circumstances.

gauthier

Quotethe same behaviour may be wanted and unwanted in different circumstances.
Adding a parameter would allow player to avoid unwanted behaviour WITHOUT removing wanted behaviours ;)

Václav

Quote from: Ters on July 29, 2013, 04:01:03 PM
Or that pak set authors make different vehicles for different goods.
I don't know how much categories/goods may be in game.

I think that the most problematic is transporting of more goods of the same category together in one train car, truck, plane or ship. Then originally planned good may be not transported. But this would be solved in line management.

When coal is transported in one direction, and sand in other, it may be bothering - but I don't see anything bad in it - if it make money.

mfanschen123

Hi, Gauthier, you are right. I have one supermarket for two food chains.
But how to separate the station?

Václav

Quote from: mfanschen123 on July 30, 2013, 12:34:32 AM
Build two stations, build one more station. You may need do a lot of changes of terrain or demolish some city buildings.

These cross-connections are very bothering because they take goods from wanted places.

There are two solutions
1. Separate transportation of goods from suppliers; it is possible up to two suppliers.
2. Increase transportation of goods from suppliers; this solution is a bit simplier because you only buy more vehicles

gauthier

Quote from: mfanschen123 on July 30, 2013, 12:34:32 AM
Hi, Gauthier, you are right. I have one supermarket for two food chains.
Just build a second station serving supermarket too but not connected to the first station. Chain1 delivers at station1 and chain2 delivers at station 2. The two chains can't share goods as they are not connected together.

prissi

Those truck will make more profit if they travel fully loaded. So where is the problem?