News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

[0.9] coal industry formation

Started by asaphxiix, August 02, 2013, 11:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

creating a very large new game, 450 industries, I got a few power plants, but no coilleries... the same happens when I try again.

edit: interestingly, this doesn't occur with small games.

also, I see that industries are still often being concentrated on the edges - I wonder if it's intentional (it would be nice as simulation of outside map factories i.e. import/export).

Jando

Quote from: asaphxiix on August 02, 2013, 11:37:24 AM

also, I see that industries are still often being concentrated on the edges - I wonder if it's intentional (it would be nice as simulation of outside map factories i.e. import/export).

Can't comment on the collieries, what I see on many maps is that raw resource generators (i.e. farms, forests, clay pits, mines, etc.) are often on the very western and northern edges of the map, not on the eastern and southern ones though. Personally I don't like it, but have since found a map with no landmass at the western edge and only a very small one on the northern edge, thus the problem went away. :)

jamespetts

Hmm - in what year are you generating the map? Perhaps there are missing years for collieries.

I am not sure what is causing industries to appear near the edges of a map, however.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.