News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Ships can't find route in Experimental.

Started by BBGunn, August 07, 2013, 12:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBGunn

Hi all.  I searched but I cannot find the solution to this problem.

I am playing a game with Simutrans 112.3 Experimental 11.4.   I am using Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.0, with some addons.  The year is 1900.  I put a passenger dock in each of two nearby cities, as shown in the attached screenshot.  Then I built a shipyard (shown in the middle right of the screenshot), purchased a ferry, and set up a ferry line.  However, when I press the "Start" button, I get a warning "Vehicle can't find route".  This happens no matter what ferry I purchase, whether steam or sail.  I tried doing the "rotating four times" trick mentioned above, but that didn't work.  I saved and reloaded, but that did not work as well.  I even tried using waypoints and that did not work, either, although I shouldn't have to use waypoints for such a short distance.  There are no land obstacles between the two docks.  The water in the area is shallow; I don't think that has anything to do with it, though.

Any advice?
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

greenling

Hello BBGunn
The Water on the photo it declare as ocean.
Ships they not can operate on Ocean get the massage: "Vehicle can't find route".
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game in which this can be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

BBGunn

Quote from: jamespetts on August 07, 2013, 06:31:36 PM
Can you upload a saved game in which this can be reproduced?
Sure.  The save game from which that screenshot came is linked here.
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。

Tazze

Hello BBGunn.
I have ever experienced this problem. I don't know whether it is by design or not ,but, ships cannot go through the carved river on the right,  because the river is narrow. so, can you try to widen the river with landscaping tool or move the passenger dock to a large somewhere?
I hope I could help to solve your problem.

BBGunn

@Tazze: Thank you for the suggestion, but that didn't work either.
I also noticed something new: when I tried to start a train line, the train couldn't find its route either.  I made sure that the tracks were connected.

EDIT:  I wanted to see if the addons were the problem, so I started a game without addons, with a new map, and with just two cities on opposite sides of a large body of water.  I tried to make a ferry link between the two cities, and again, the vehicle could not find its route.  I have included that save game here.  The docks are still in both cities, and there is a boat in the shipyard near the northern city.
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。

Jando

My game crashes when trying to load your save game. I don't know why.

jamespetts

Thank you for this report - I have downloaded your saved game and fixed the bug which caused it to crash (you were using addons that I did not have, and there was a bug, which I have now fixed on the 11.x branch, causing the game to crash when a saved game was loaded with buildings not present on the loading client).

Looking at your saved game, however, the ship's inability to find a route is not a bug: the Norfolk wherry is a river boat, not a sea going ship. This is indicated by the note in the bottom left of the text in the depot window, "MUST USE: Waterway". Any boat with this restriction cannot travel on open seas, but only on suitable canals or rivers (see the "MAY USE:" designations to the right for a list of suitable canal/river types).

There are no passenger sailing ships available in 1900. Instead, for sea-going passenger service, you will need to build a Shipyard (steam), which makes available the Channel screw ship, the compound coastal paddle ship and the luxury coastal paddle ship, all of which can sail on the open seas.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

BBGunn

I see.  I'll be sure to look at that information more carefully from now on.

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for fixing the bug!
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。