News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[New vehicle] - Fokker F27 Series

Started by Milko, August 14, 2013, 09:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

Fokker F27 200.

Air Anglia livery.

James, I currently do not have access to git, you can add it to the experimental version?

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Hmm - where does the figure of 40 passengers come from for the Fokker 27 200? Wikipedia states that the aircraft carried between 48 and 56 passengers.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

Hello James

Quote from: jamespetts on August 14, 2013, 09:49:34 PM
Hmm - where does the figure of 40 passengers come from for the Fokker 27 200? Wikipedia states that the aircraft carried between 48 and 56 passengers.

I used this link http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1960/1960%20-%202694.html, F27 200 has 40 accomodation (35.4in pitch, the normal) or 52 accomodation (33in pitch, the high density), no problem if you want to switch to high density version ...  :)

Giuseppe

kierongreen

Milko

And now version 100/300, BritishMidlandAir livery

Less power than version 200, less speed and less running costs. I will made a post version ....

James, I will make a pull request for Experimental version.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Excellent! No need for a pull request - already done.

I notice that you have also adjusted the sounds. I wonder to what extent that planelow.wav is suitable for modern turboprops? They sound like this.

Edit: On listening to the video in full, the propeller sound is closer than the jet sound, I think.

Milko

Hello

Quote from: jamespetts on August 21, 2013, 09:30:20 PM

I notice that you have also adjusted the sounds. I wonder to what extent that planelow.wav is suitable for modern turboprops? They sound like this.

Edit: On listening to the video in full, the propeller sound is closer than the jet sound, I think.

Also I am not very convinced that I made the change, the modern propellers have a different sound from both the old propeller and jet  ... I think it's better to find a new sound for the modern propellers ....

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Yes - we need more sounds in general. It is not easy to find good quality sounds with the appropriate licence, however. I had the thought once of trawling Youtube videos for appropriate sounds, and writing to their respective authors requesting permission to use sound from them under the Artistic licence, but that is at the back of a never-ending queue of other things that I am doing. If you could find some suitable aircraft sounds in this (or any other) way that have a compatible licence (perhaps a distinction could also be made between older and more modern jets, too, as modern jets have different noise characteristics), and normalise them to the same volume level, ensure absence of background noise, appropriate fade in/out, etc., that would be most helpful.

Milko

Hello

The last F27 Series.

F27 100/300 RoyalMail (Post)

@ James, look my github repository for Experimental version.  :)

Giuseppe

jamespetts

jamespetts

One small thing while I remember - can I ask you to avoid spaces in vehicle names? Thank you!

Milko

Hello

Quote from: jamespetts on August 22, 2013, 10:06:18 PM
One small thing while I remember - can I ask you to avoid spaces in vehicle names? Thank you!

Sorry, The names of the vehicles (as in file en.tab) I will always wrong, does not enter into my head the correct way of doing things ...

Giuseppe