News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

(nightly) Does remember_window_positions work as intended ?

Started by z9999+, August 18, 2013, 05:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z9999+

I tried to use remember_window_positions, but I couldn't find any difference between.
How can this work ? Thanks.

prissi

Not sure it works on the nightly; it may require same version numbers for server_savegame and normal_savegame in version.h. I will look into it when I am back.

Dwachs

With this setting enabled, some windows will remember their position. Next time the window is opened, it will open at its old position.

Positions are not saved in any savegame (or settings.xml). Positions will be cleared when loading a game or creating a new map.

This feature could be made more useful though...
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

whoami

This has never worked for me (on Win-XP SDL; checked with r7036): EDIT: no window seems to some windows honor "remember_window_positions=1" in my simuconf.tab (the parameter is not documented, at least not in the nightly's complete archive; I guess that it is meant to affect window sizes as well).

Ters

--Thought this was a new topic and didn't see the rest. Pointless post deleted.--

whoami

After testing with Win-GDI r7036: positions of station windows and lists are saved, but not their dimensions/size. Menu bar placement is remembered. Fortunately, placement and size of the minimap stays.
Positions and dimensions are not saved for windows of:
- depots
- line management
- factories
- others (e.g. curiosities), but these hardly need it.