News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Display lines serving a destination in stations

Started by choro, August 28, 2013, 01:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choro

Hi All,

(While I've been playing ST for several years now, I barely post in the forums, so I'd like to use this opportunity to thank all of the developers. The game is becoming more awesome with every update!)

I suppose this idea is pretty easy to implement - what I was thinking of was displaying the line numbers serving a certain destination in a stop.
For example, in my current game, I have around 50 lines, and some stations have dozens of destinations (some served by a few lines, some by only one). When I see a station is busy, I see which destinations have the most waiting passengers, and then I need to start finding which lines serve that destination. It's not a big deal, but it could be very helpful to have these lines displayed in the station menu, for example:

2,500 passengers waiting:
554 > Manchester central park stop (M1, M2, REG 4)
400 > York old stop (M1, MAN-YOR 3)

I believe this will make line management easier in games with many lines.

Thanks in advance,
Chor

prissi

Lines are not required for game play. Thus this is a feature only some will use. Also for line lookup quite some additional CPU is needed, as only destinations but not lines are recorded in stations.

choro

kierongreen

Ters

How should this work in the different modes (amount, destination, via (detail) and via (amount))? For some of them, multiple lines are possible (even multiple combinations of multiple lines), but only one route will actually be used, and this varies from time to time.

choro

Quote from: Ters on August 29, 2013, 04:56:11 AM
How should this work in the different modes (amount, destination, via (detail) and via (amount))? For some of them, multiple lines are possible (even multiple combinations of multiple lines), but only one route will actually be used, and this varies from time to time.

I didn't think of that, but personally, I'd just use this feature in Via (amount) mode, and then if another station becomes too busy I'd add convoys to the busy lines there...