News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[11.9 and earlier] goods not fully unloading

Started by scamps, August 29, 2013, 03:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scamps

Save:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hgw0py1iuiozfy/123.sve

See schooner unloading coal at Dulton Coal Merchant dock (199,31) and also schooner unloading mail at Cryhurst Temple Way railway station (350,125).

Game started with version 11.4, later upgraded to 11.9.

If memory serves me well, I probably saw this behavior in Standard some time ago, but not sure.

Edit: Unloaded the mail schooner by sending it to depot and restarted. Now it does not pickup any mail from both stops. Which is strange since there is no alternate route. Waiting times for mail (in stop details) are booming. May it be the reason?

Also, same behavior for schooner at Hollyingstone dairy dock (55, 426). This one transports just milk, no pax/mail.

jamespetts

Hmm - this issue is not, in fact, confined to Experimental: the problem is with the "hull and hold" system of ships. Because each "hold" of a ship is defined as a separate vehicle, if one adds a great many holds, the game takes the whole convoy (ship with holds) as needing more than one tile of a stop, or else all the cargo will not unload. It is possible to reduce the length of these "holds" to zero, but then the icons for the various different types of holds are all stacked on top of each other and impossible to discern clearly.

There is, however, an easy if not entirely ideal workaround for this issue: for stops on inland waterways (this issue will not affect docks on the open sea), add an extra tile to the stop to make it longer, in the same manner as with a railway platform. This will allow all the goods to unload.

I am not sure whether, strictly, this counts as a pakset bug or a design issue, but I should be interested in the views of the developers of the Standard version of this pakset what best to do about this issue.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello

Quote from: jamespetts on September 01, 2013, 03:12:44 PM
Hmm - this issue is not, in fact, confined to Experimental: the problem is with the "hull and hold" system of ships. Because each "hold" of a ship is defined as a separate vehicle, if one adds a great many holds, the game takes the whole convoy (ship with holds) as needing more than one tile of a stop, or else all the cargo will not unload. It is possible to reduce the length of these "holds" to zero, but then the icons for the various different types of holds are all stacked on top of each other and impossible to discern clearly.

Exactly one of the problems I'm talking about in my extension request. http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12443.msg122989#msg122989

Giuseppe

The Hood

Should be easy enough to fix by reducing the length of the original vehicle but will have the effect of putting the hold graphics out of alignment, which will need fixing with offsets.