News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Which peripherals do you prefer when you play simutrans?

Started by ӔO, August 29, 2013, 04:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

By peripherals, I not only mean keyboard and mice (or even trackball and stylus), but also brand and model and even mouse pad.

I have found I am liking razer products more and more, despite being strictly microsoft keyboard and logitech mouse previously.

keyboard: razer blackwidow tournament edition, microsoft wedge
mouse: razer orochi, logitech G300
mouse pad: razer goliathus control edition

What do you use?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Ters

I have actually never cared for such things, apart from the fact that playing Simutrans with a touch pad isn't ideal. Small mice intended for use with laptops on the move isn't suited for intense gaming, but worked for Simutrans as long as I had a better surface than the armrest on a recliner or similar.

kierongreen

I use a second hand Compaq keyboard which is so old it doesn't even have windows keys. Mouse is a small one designed for laptops - the cable leading to this has been strained at some point so I have to make sure it's wrapped around the mouse once otherwise no power gets to the mouse itself...

This should make it obvious that spending lots of money on computers isn't something I really do!

An_dz

All I have is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000, that I only use for shooters, 3D and sometimes graphic editing.

Apart from 3D softwares, which I rarely use, I can use any program with the touchpad, I can even play shooters decently.

The touchpad is configured for ultra extreme high sensibility and I can cross my monitor with 60% of the touchpad, plus it's multitouch and I can scroll with 2 thingers, zoom with pinch and set hot corners, which let me create a middle mouse button with configurable area size. Even though it's set to be very sensitive I can easily do precise short movements, like only 1px.

Carl

I find the standard-issue keyboards and mice are sufficient for even the most intense Simutrans work. I reserve the extra buttons and what-have-you of the fancy mice for MMO gaming.

Sarlock

I have an old keyboard and mouse (such that I have to use a PS/2 to USB adapter) that I've been using for over 10 years.  I'm too used to them to ever want to change... I fear the day that one or both of them will no longer work anymore.  Half of the keys on the keyboard are not even readable anymore, I've worn the letters off with my fingers (I type 90+ WPM... which a quick estimated calculation yields me over 200 million keystrokes performed over the life of the keyboard).

I am extremely deadly in a 1P shooter even with this basic hardware.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

VS

I have always used Genius hardware. I think it was because it was most economical? The previous keyboard I don't remember, the current one is SlimStar 100. Mouse, I wore out a lot of these, but the current model is Traveler 100V, since it doesn't kill my hand...

At school, I grabbed some ancient IBM keyboard that was to be trashed, and annoy my colleagues to no end with the typewriter-like racket. The tactile response is worth that, though...

Sarlock - are you deadly in Unreal Tournament by any chance?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ӔO

My reasoning for using the peripherals I use.

Logitech G300: it's the only compact gaming mice and it was reasonably priced at $35
razer orochi: it's the only bluetooth mice with more than 3 buttons, and I didn't like the only other alternative, which was gigabyte GM-M7700B.
razer blackwidow tournament edition keyboard: I have been wanting to try out cherry MX switch keyboards for a while, and this one presented itself on sale.
microsoft wedge keyboard: very compact bluetooth keyboard, which is cheaper than microsoft surface covers.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Sarlock

Sarlock - are you deadly in Unreal Tournament by any chance?

I've never played it, so I don't know :)  Too busy making trees, I guess!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics