News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

How to build a 3 story grand central station in pak britain experimental

Started by waerth, September 02, 2013, 08:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waerth

This is a sidetrack from this thread: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12475.0 in the forum.

I decided that I felt like redoing my Central Station at Yeringport. Although it is a station of sufficient capacity at the moment a peak at the 2000 town map it is on told me that in the future I would need more space for tracks. Now here is what the station looked like at first:

Later I added some intercity rails to the North side of the station:

That is where I stood before I decided to drastically redo my central station. Basically the plan was that any more Intercity tracks would be
added over the river and beyond, making for a very wide "classic" simutrans type station. We have all build these monsters in the past
havent we?

I was then thinking with all of the tools we have these days, why not build a true multi story station.
*Basement for Subway (not build yet as I have no need for that yet).
*Ground floor for buses and trams (I will probably not have buslines terminating here, but just to be sure).
*First floor for commuterlines.
*Second floor for intercities.

So Thus decided I started manually rerouting all trains and paused the game and started demolishing. I would do the north side first get the
trams and 2 northern lines going and then do the south and get the southern lines going again.

The first ground work:

And that is the northern approach and ground floor more or less finished!

The first floor

Finishing up the ground floor because we cannot have buildings under elevated in this version of experimental I am playing with.
In the newer experimental version it is possible.

Building of the second floor:

Finishing up the first floor

And now the second floor, we have a roof :)

After having reconnected the trams and northern lines we now start clearing the southern approaches.

All of the commuter lines are now reconnected and can function again!

And the piece de resistance the intercitylines are now also finished.

The station from the other side, I added exits for the tram and busses on that side as well as Yeringport will have to grow to the other side of the river.

A fully functioning station

THE END!

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Sarlock

Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

waerth

Yes and  I now found out I should have left in 4 tram tracks as I had originally planned. At first I did not think of making a bus station on the ground floor as well. Now I have just added a 3rd tramline and I have Tramjams ....... I guess I should lower the waiting time at the station ....... facepalm

waerth

After some rethinking I worked it out. Removed bus station and moved it to new area in tunnel network. I then used all of the space for the trams. Could also move the tramdepot "inside" and added some parks on the area of the old tramdepot :)

Et voila!

Junna