News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Overcrowded "New Destination" message tab

Started by Spacethingy, September 07, 2013, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacethingy

The addition of tabs in the Message Centre was great, separating messages into different groups, so that certain things can be ignored (e.g. the speed records, station crowded warnings etc.).

In particular, I like the "New Destinations" tab as I don't ever really notice what scrolls by on the ticker tape...
However, with a lot of cities, the "new townhall" messages easily crowd out more important things like new attractions or factories/chains. Any chance these could be moved to the general tab? That's only used for "new year" and "speed record" messages.

This is quite a minor thing, call me finickity... ;)
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

kierongreen

New town halls do act as new attractions too though...

Ters

I doubt there are founded so many cities that it drowns out the other things. These messages are perhaps those generated when town halls are upgraded when towns reach specific sizes. At least pak64 feature construction animations for town halls by having a series of town hall upgrades trigger in rapid succession. Since the game doesn't know that this is simply an animation, it fires away a relatively rapid succession of messages, one for each "frame of the animation".