News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Look at what I found in my PC... Simutrans 0.80.0 still lives

Started by IgorEliezer, January 16, 2009, 12:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

You may not believe me.

Since I discovered Simutrans, I have saved the very first Simutrans version I had played ever:

Version 0.80.0 from 03-feb-2002.

Unfortunately, I don't have any savegame from that time. :'(

Screenshot as proof  ;D

EDIT:

The mythical message "Die Brücke ist nicht frei!" could not lack.

[attachment deleted by admin]

VS

Good. We also have somewhere an archive of old versions collected from players... archive.simutrans.com

And after seeing this, i searched a bit for the famous download servers which keep game versions for ever, if they are years old... I got versions 81 and 79.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Combuijs

I still have versions

on my computer. If somebody is interested...  :o
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

emaxectranspoorte

I am. :)

If possible... :-\

vilvoh

One doubt, old releases seem to be Windows only..when was released the first version for Linux?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

We mostly use windows so it makes sense that the old versions gathered from players are for windows.

There was a password for the site on the old forum...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Spike

Quote from: vilvoh on January 16, 2009, 12:43:28 PM
One doubt, old releases seem to be Windows only..when was released the first version for Linux?

Actually Linux was first. Also the very early versions from 0.50 up didn't work well with Windows, but could be run in DOS. Not quite sure when real windows support was added.

Playable versions were 0.78 and later, I think ... older are just curiosity items.

VS

Ahhhh, except that with these curiosity items you managed to get helplessly hooked so many people that the project outlived almost everything :)

Egoooo

Quote from: Combuijs on January 16, 2009, 11:40:02 AM
I still have versions

on my computer. If somebody is interested...  :o

Hi!

I am very interested in these versions! These versions are not in archive.simutrans.com
Can you upload them somewhere? Or can I give you my mail address?

Do your versions include also the pak set?

Thanks! :)

Tomas

I have version 0.78.7exp (June 2001). Nostalgia...

hanged94

micslu

Great!
These days almost every country has Transportation museum, even regional ones.

Father: Son, see this: when I was your age, there were no monorails in Simutrans, not even underground view.
   Son: Wow, how could you manage transportation without them?
:D

robofish

whaaa archive.simutrans.com is gone :S
could you upload your version Igor?

BTW "Die Brücke ist nicht frei!" means "The bridge is not cleared!"

Lmallet

Quote from: Tomas on March 22, 2009, 09:29:38 PM
I have version 0.78.7exp (June 2001). Nostalgia...
Hehehe, I downloaded 0.78.7 and copied the music folder over :)  Times sure have changed since!

bbc100

Holy ****!!!  I could get my dad to let up date a website that he hasn't updated it ****ing ages!!!
here is the website.

**removed link -Isaac**

I hope you guy's support me about it!!!
Also got no server for now but we have one that not pugged in right now!!!
(dont know if it works!!!)

I can get you in if you PM me!!!

sojo

Quote from: bbc100 on April 29, 2009, 04:57:00 AM
Holy ****!!!  I could get my dad to let up date a website that he hasn't updated it ****ing ages!!!
here is the website.

**removed link -Igor was here too**

I hope you guy's support me about it!!!
Also got no server for now but we have one that not pugged in right now!!!
(dont know if it works!!!)

I can get you in if you PM me!!!

What has that to do with Simutrans?
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

First, this would go into General Discussion. Second, I'd prefer not to have to fix your posts, so I'm locking this topic for now, until you are around long enough and get to know how we operate here.

I welcome you to stay here -- but please try to take care to see how everyone posts here. You are currently causing us extra work in the way you post. I hope you do not become discouraged, but understand well enough what I'm trying to tell you. Your enthusiasm is welcome; but please take more care when you post. It is okay to make some mistakes, but you are managing to make a lot. :-)

IgorEliezer

* Igor magically waves his hands and unlocks the thread. *

Free! - Wheeeeeeeeee!

bbc100

Quote from: IgorTekton on May 18, 2009, 12:47:55 PM
* Igor magically waves his hands and unlocks the thread. *

Free! - Wheeeeeeeeee!
Very funny!!!

Matthi205

How about seeing what has been changed since 50.0?I have Debian Linux,but not win Xp or win7(which are,as win1.x,win2.x,win3.x,win95,win98,winNT and win 2000/ME,based on DOS)
The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

IgorEliezer

We have a "Simutrans Development and History" page in our site:

http://www.simutrans.com/development.htm

Maybe, you are speaking of this page.

Matthi205

The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

VS

0.50...? That list would be longer than I can imagine. With the program is distributed file history.txt, which has amazing 340kB of history (or 10+ years) in it. Try that one :)

Matthi205

I really mean how the feeling of playing the game changed.

VS

That's a bit impossible since I doubt anyone who was around by .50 is still around...

Perhaps it is simpler to sum up what stayed the same:
Isometric world
Vehicles transport things
Destinations
Station construction tile by tile
Cities with houses
???

prissi

0.5 was not really palyable, at least in the dos version. The first playable one are 0.78 or so, if memory serves me right. Those had 8Bit graphics, no timeline and schedules once created stayed forever ... There was already sound and so on. The gameplay was only extended towards more modes of transports (trams, monorails, airplanes, ... ) with line management, chosse signals, some limitation of factories and so one. But basically, the gameplys was not too different from today.

Matthi205

@VS:What about Hajo?

@prissi:I will try to run it in VirtualBox FreeDos(I don't have DOS),VirtualBox Ubuntu and in winvista.If it does not run,we will get it running. ;)

VS

Yes, but somehow I can't see him (or any of the other founding fathers) coming once a week and writing a little book about history of Simutrans :) Of course, if it happened, it would be great.

Matthi205

He is mainly writing in the german forums and at the subforum here.

Spike

Quote from: prissi on June 19, 2009, 11:52:23 AM
0.5 was not really playable, at least in the dos version. The first playable one are 0.78 or so, if memory serves me right.

That's right. I had problems to get the collaborative multitasking working in early DOS and Windows versions. I used and developed under Linux almost exclusively that time.

0.78.x was playable, but had bugs with bridges, most likely a whole lot more bugs that I have forgotten.

The feeling of the game changed very much. The menus, the windows, the controls changed very much since then. It's hard to put it in words. The concepts stayed, but the implementation of the concepts changed much.

About writing down the history; I just don't remember many details anymore. I actualy wanted to write another article like the "years 1997-2001", about "2001-2005" but realized that I have forgotten most of it. And then I took a long break from Simutrans development, 2 years or more.

krismon14

Hello to all. I need old simutrans because they are my favourite ones. If somebody have them, can u upload them for me if you can of course.
The number 1 are 0.77.

Emil Sawicki

I just downloaded Simutrans 0.84.10.0, it looks beatifully. Can I paste link here?

There is no menuconf.tab! Where can I change keys?

Can I download older playable version, e.g. 0.80.0? If yes, then where?
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

Combuijs

QuoteThere is no menuconf.tab! Where can I change keys?

Nowhere, keys were not configurable in those days...

QuoteCan I download older playable version, e.g. 0.80.0

Oldest version I have is 0.81.1. I don't know where to get them though.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Emil Sawicki

How to enable view of catchment area of stops in 84.10?
Simutrans 123, Windows 10