News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Overcrowded capacity bug?

Started by Carl, September 09, 2013, 08:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

In the following save, there is a huge number of passengers waiting to leave Manchester for Euston (due to the resolution of an anomaly). You'll see some Pendolinos leaving with 100% load (watch for the ones coming from underground, too). But these convoys have overcrowded capacities of 25 per car, which they seem not to be using -- they are leaving passengers behind even though they have spare overcrowded capacity. I notice that after a while one leaves with 25 extra passengers over 100% but even this represents only one carriage worth of overcrowded capacity.

However, the trains are perfectly happy to use their full capacity when they pick up at Stockport. So this seems to be either a problem with terminus stations or the relation between loading and convoy spacing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61716/UK2013-17.sve

There is a second small, unrelated bug which is evidenced by this particular save. (Though this may just be local to my system - we'll see). In the first in-game hour after a month change, the fast-forward system is much more choppy -- i.e. inconsistent, it jumps from high to low a lot -- and slightly slower than in the other eleven hours of the month. I'd expect a slowdown for the month change itself, but it seems odd that it persists for a whole hour, after which it recovers. This save is just after a month change, so I'd be interested to know if you can recreate this. Maybe it's nothing, but it is new since 11.0 I think.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. This is not something that I have noticed before, so I shall have to investigate. One thing to check, however: is the station long enough for the train? Would you be able to lengthen the station and try it again just to check? It might help to narrow down the problem.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

Yes, the station is long enough for the train, and all carraiges are showing as fully occupied (but only to normal capacity) in the convoy details window.

This bug remains quite erratic, and does not occur with every departing Euston service in the above save, it seems.

ӔO

I have noticed this before, but I figured the pax were just waiting for the next train, which would have been more comfortable.

This only happens when pax reroute and are not taking their primary route.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Carl

Quote from: ӔO on September 09, 2013, 10:34:16 PM
This only happens when pax reroute and are not taking their primary route.
Aha, that certainly applies in the save I posted above. Interesting. I wonder why only rerouted passengers would display this behaviour?