News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Wrong old roadway choose sign?

Started by wlindley, September 14, 2013, 12:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

Looks like the roadway choose sign is displayed on the wrong side of the road?  The one sign in this game, affects the station on the 'west' not the 'east' ... but shouldn't it be displayed on the left (driving) side of the road?

jamespetts

There is a general issue with signals, of which this counts as one, displaying on the right hand side of ways. There was a time when it was not possible for them to display on the left. That was changed recently, but after the signal graphics (or nearly all of them) were drawn. These will have to be re-drawn if we are to have them shown on the left hand side of the ways. This should be done eventually, but we have not had time for it at this stage.

Also, this is not unique to the Experimental version of the pakset.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

waerth

Ok so the issue with the "dragging" of signals which I discovered today is the same?

When I drag signals to "autoplace" them they align on the wrong side of the track.

jamespetts

Signals will show on the right hand side of the track whether they are dragged or not - this will need to be fixed by changing the signals' graphics, which is something to add to the to do list at some point...

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

prissi

There should be a singals on the left flag in the code you merge from stable a long time ago. Since pak64.japan has its signals also on the left.

jamespetts

Quote from: prissi on September 14, 2013, 08:29:40 PM
There should be a singals on the left flag in the code you merge from stable a long time ago. Since pak64.japan has its signals also on the left.

Yes, this is a worthwhile introduction - however, the graphics all need modifying to accommodate this...

pwhk

In addition, signs placed at diagonal roads are not placed correctly. Frequently the signs are placed on the same side of the road no matter the direction...

jamespetts

Quote from: pwhk on October 02, 2013, 02:02:36 PM
In addition, signs placed at diagonal roads are not placed correctly. Frequently the signs are placed on the same side of the road no matter the direction...

Is this unique to Experimental, does anyone know?

Drewthegreat87

I'm not quite sure about experimental yet as I've just been cracking the surface of it, however, I have noticed that the choose signs do look weird on diagonal roads in standard. Another thing I've noticed on the road choose signs is that for some reason the vehicles will stop obeying it and will wait until the stop is unoccupied by the preceding vehicle, regardless of the choose sign. Has anybody else noticed this?

Thanks!