News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[11.11] server crash when creating new player

Started by asaphxiix, October 01, 2013, 09:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

So on my server game, twice, either as a local client or playing on the server instance, I tried to create a new player, then press the little square to activate it, this crashes the server and the local client.

When I tried to activate it on a server with no connected clients, it didn't crash, but failed to activate, the button didn't seem work. so I joined as a clients and there I saw the player was activated after all, but this is not seen on the server.

Thanks

jamespetts

Hmm - are you referring to your own server here? Does the same thing happen on creating a new player on the Bridgewater-Brunel server? If not, can you tell me more about your server's settings?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

asaphxiix

Apologies for the late reply - for some reason I stopped getting email notifications.

Yes, I was referring to the Israeli server. I wanted to check on the BWB server, but then I feared the server might not recover, and I didn't want to cause extensive downtime. I can check this soon.

What would you like to know about the server's settings? or game settings?

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

asaphxiix

jamespetts

Very odd. Are there any conditions in which it can reliably be reproduced?

asaphxiix

yeah, it does reproduce quire reliably for me:
step #1 - open a non-command line server on a windows 8 machine with a new game
step #2 - join the server as a client from a second game instance on the same machine
step #3 - try to create a human player

jamespetts

Thank you - found and fixed on the 11.x branch.