News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Question about Pak Contents

Started by Drewthegreat87, October 02, 2013, 05:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewthegreat87

Hello,

Hopefully this will be the right place to put this thread, if not I apologize. I'm curious about finding a way to see if the contents (mainly new way types, vehicles, buildings etc) can be put into the Standard 1.14 version of Pak128 Britain. I know that some items are dependent on the livery system and other program aspects not in standard, so I'm sure an edit of their files can put that to sorts. I'm just curious about that as I know the Experimental pak contains newer (also corrected) versions of content in the Standard pakset and I'm wanting to "merge" them together on my own accord.

Also, I guess there's a planned update in the works to the standard pakset, but I know everybody has their own schedules...I'm useless at code and graphic design, so I'm not sure how I could help in the process.

Thanks!

jamespetts

Hello! Yes, it is indeed possible to backport items that I have added recently to Experimental to your own customised Standard version of Pak128.Britain. You will need the Standard version of Makeobj to make supplementary addon .pak files of the new material. One complication is that you will have to edit the .dat files where there are livery schemes defined to remove the square brackets and number just after the direction, and remove the image definitions for all but one of the liveries. I suggest that you have a look for some general documentation on Makeobj (I cannot remember exactly where it is off the top of my head, but I am sure that you can find it) to see how to put it together.

As for helping - you could always do a little research if you would like. Because there is somewhat of a bottleneck for actually producing and importing the graphics, it may take some time for the research to be used, but it is always very worthwhile.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.