News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Automatic Linux builds are down

Started by jamespetts, October 06, 2013, 12:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Unfortunately, it seems that there is an error with the automatic Linux builds run by Ansgar: whenever I upload a new version, I get:

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Fetch source files                                                           │
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

>From /home/mirror/simutrans.git/
   9c2d02a..ed191a0  master     -> origin/master
>From git://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-experimental
   0a5d68d..f1dce45  11.x       -> jamespetts/11.x
   982cb3b..36edd5a  devel-new  -> jamespetts/devel-new
   216fe4d..7e9edb3  master     -> jamespetts/master
   3edcb0d..b828402  passenger-generation -> jamespetts/passenger-generation
* [new tag]         11.12      -> 11.12
Will build branch 'jamespetts/master'.
Previous HEAD position was 216fe4d... VERSION: Step to release version.
HEAD is now at 7e9edb3... CODE: Enable 64-bit builds for the command line server
D .gitignore
╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ Simutrans Experimental (i386)                              06 Oct 2013 02:48 ║
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Revision:     7e9edb33557d3e4a7c7391819c6d1db190358680
Last changed: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 14:39:33 +0100

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Applying patches                                                             │
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

No patches in series

│ Build simutrans                                                              │

E: lenny-i386: Chroot not found

│ Cleaning up                                                                  │

No patch removed
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Build failed.

Build started:  Sun, 06 Oct 2013 02:48:04 +0200
Build finished: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 02:48:04 +0200

I have tried e-mailing Ansgar, but have not had a reply. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be done to enable us once again to have regular non-server Linux builds?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

isidoro

It is difficult to guess without actually seeing the source code of the script.  It says that it cannot find chroot, which is a fairly standard linux command.  First option is to check that the computer actually has chroot, by typing at the command prompt:

$ chroot --help
Usage: chroot [OPTION] NEWROOT [COMMAND [ARG]...]
  or:  chroot OPTION
Run COMMAND with root directory set to NEWROOT.

--userspec=USER:GROUP  specify user and group (ID or name) to use
  --groups=G_LIST        specify supplementary groups as g1,g2,..,gN
      --help     display this help and exit
      --version  output version information and exit

If no command is given, run '${SHELL} -i' (default: '/bin/sh -i').

Report chroot bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
For complete documentation, run: info coreutils 'chroot invocation'

jamespetts

Sadly, I don't actually have access to Ansgar's system, so I have no means of doing this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.