News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[11.12] Industry Spacing Does Not Obey "max_factory_spacing_percentage"

Started by Sarlock, October 09, 2013, 04:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

I ran a map as a test to see if the behavior from the 7000x2000 map repeated itself and it does: industry does not seem to obey the restriction in "max_factory_spacing_percentage" (set to 33 default) when connecting to other industries.

This results in some very long connections.  It seems random, I've had connections just a few tiles away and ones as far as this example and even farther.

This was on a 4000x500 map with 80 industries and 10 cities.

I didn't think about saving the map until after I closed the game.  :P
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

pwhk

Apparently, I have a super-short connection in the save I am playing that can literally have goods delivered from the factory to the shop by hauling them on hand  ???

jamespetts

The code for this appears to be unchanged from Standard (and it is not immediately apparent to me precisely how this works). Can anyone confirm whether this works in Standard?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Sarlock

Interesting.  I didn't realize this parameter was available in Standard as well.  I didn't see it in the simuconf for pak64 or pak128.  Will add and test later.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

TurfIt

AFAICT the max_factory_spacing_xx parameters only limit how far away a new supplier will be built from a newly built consumer. If the new consumer finds an existing supplier on the map, it will link regardless of distance. There are no parameters to control min/max linking distance. IMHO there should be...

Sarlock

My apologies, I had tested this at the time but forgot to provide an update.

I tested this with Standard and it didn't seem to have any effect either.  I didn't even know this parameter was available in Standard, I hadn't seen it used in any of the pak config files.

If it is as TurfIt suggests, then this parameter would be of limited effect/usefulness.

jamespetts

In light of the above, this topic seems more appropriate in the Standard extension requests forum, to which I have now moved it.