News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Where is PakGB?

Started by AP, January 18, 2009, 09:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Hi all.

I have been trying to find a link to a copy of the pak- britain files. Can anyone help?

vilvoh

I think you should ask kierogreen, the pak mantainer (at least it was in the old forum)
There is a pakGB board in the archive (link) with some download link of pakGB for 0.99.14

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

AP

The Hood

I am planning a new release of PakBritain in a couple of months with some new features - unfortunately I can't give a date on this as I'm pretty busy and I don't want to release until it is significantly more complete than the existing download.

The plan is to include:
- British industry set (mostly complete)
- Updated rail set with wagons for all cargos in British industry set (to do)
- Truck set for all cargos in British industry set (to do)
- Bus set (to do drawings, dat files already supplied by jamespetts)

As ever I will keep posting updates on the forum!

This should make it less reliant on existing components of standard Pak128.  The new release may also take advantage of some of the coding features in patches by jamespetts, but this is still to be decided.

Officially Kieron is still the maintainer, but he has even less time than me and no internet connection...

kierongreen

I have internet connection again :) Not a huge amount of time though (my evenings seem to be endlessly filled with meetings at the moment and I work during the day obviously...).

jamespetts

Welcome back online, Kieron!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

[TSC] Miles

the pack GB is match whit windows XP? because i hate vista ==
Baie-comeau trans canadien

DirrrtyDirk

XP or Vista - it doesn't matter for Simutrans. And a pak (no "c"!) set doesn't care about the OS at all.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

Btw, the sources are available at SourceForge.net SVN repository altought there's only one object, a train... :-\

IgorEliezer

Slight question?

{PakGB != PakBritain} = true or false

DirrrtyDirk

False, I guess.

I think they both mean the same. It's just one more occurence of people not using the real names of things, and instead making up their own.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

jamespetts

From what I understand, the official name is PakBritain. "Pak128-GB" is a shortened name used for the folder. Thus, they are both the same thing. I do not know why there are two names used.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

vilvoh

So, finally it's pakBritain.128 codename Pak128-GB, isn't it? On for the releases and the other for development versions..

The Hood

I have to admit partially causing the confusion with all the different names...

Official name is "PakBritain".  As it is a 128-scale pak, the SVN directory is PakBritain.128 at prissi's suggestion.  Pak128-gb is a directory name that the files have been in previous releases (ask kieron about that one!).  PakGB has never been used in any official stuff I don't think.

As to SVN only containing one train - that was just a test really.  I am hoping to add stuff over time.  I have hinted that may even be tonight, depending on how much time I get and if I do other stuff.  However, it won't be a complete stand-alone release for some time, and will still need parts of standard pak128.

Any questions just start a thread or PM me.

wernieman

Will there be a automatik way to generate the PAK?

Like the make in pak64, or the pakmak.py in pak128?
I hope you understand my English

The Hood

Err... Don't know how to do that!  So not likely to start with.  I was planning on putting a pak/ subfolder with ready-made paks in for now.

At any rate it's not possible to run without the aid of standard pak128, (basically just standard pak128 with some replacement sets so far).  Once there is a standalone version, it might be a good idea to add the make thing you suggest - could you let me know how to do this?

VS

You can have the system from 128, which werner learned to love ;D It is written in Python, fairly stable,...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!