News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Is it me or Pak64 is seen anything strange??

Started by Yona-TYT, October 26, 2013, 01:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

It seems that pak64 Night is having problems ???

Simutrans r6853
Pak64 1288

IgorEliezer

Me too. It seems our devs are messing up again. ;)

Václav

I am not sure - but this seems like if graphics were saved in wrong format. May it be that it is still 24bit PNG, but interlaced.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

kierongreen

This may well be a problem with libpng in makeobj.

Ters

Looks like it only affects transparent regions, which isn't special in the PNG, so I suspect a problem after the image has been read with libpng.

Dwachs

Maybe this is related to this bug report:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12766

But I could not reproduce it: compiling pak64 with or without the change in r6855 does not had any effect. The nighlty pak seems to be affected.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Markohs

Hey, it looks cool!

Just rename it from pak64 to pak64.messedup ;)

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Markohs on October 26, 2013, 01:38:26 PM
Hey, it looks cool!

Just rename it from pak64 to pak64.messedup ;)

An eccentric design....jejejeje :thumbsup:

Ters

I just downloaded simupak64-1288.7z (the contents claim to be r1301 though), and I can't see anything wrong with the images in the pak files.Unless the nightly has been fixed, I'm suspecting that the error is in Simutrans, not makeobj or pak set.

Dwachs

Using pak64 r1288 from the nightly download page, I get the same errors like Yona. I could not reproduce this with a self-compiled pak.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

Strange. Looking at the log for the besch directory, there have been some changes related to images that (whatever they are) I have not included into my Simupak Explorer (which loads previously mentioned nightly archive just fine). Maybe there is some compatibility issue between certain versions of makeobj (likely an older) and certains versions of Simutrans (likely a newer).

prissi

I rather expect the lightmap generating program has some other output (due to the all loving libpng) than the one I use. I will add images to the repo for now.

greenling

Hello on All
The bug they Yona-TYT have fund came only with sim-winsdl_2013-10-26_v112.4_r6853 and simupak64-1288 from 21.10.2013 Detect.
Wit the simupakopen128-1300 from 22.10.2013 with sim-winsdl_2013-10-26_v112.4_r6853 and simupak128.britain-1301 from 23.10.2013 with
sim-winsdl_2013-10-26_v112.4_r6853 have this bug not be view.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

kierongreen

Thanks greenling that would seem to confirm suggestions above and should be fixed by prissi adding images.

Ters

Quote from: prissi on October 26, 2013, 08:20:17 PM
I rather expect the lightmap generating program has some other output (due to the all loving libpng) than the one I use. I will add images to the repo for now.

Ah, yes. I thought it could have something to do with the terrain, but forgot to check the lightmaps. The lightmaps in the nightly pak indeed look corrupted in this stripy sort of way.

wernieman

Thats dont look good :o(

I think, I must build a new the "lightmap"-Programm ...
I hope you understand my English

wernieman

btw:
the lightmap-Programm comes from tools/generate-lightmaps/ ?

And I generate the Programm with:
c++ -lpng generate_lightmaps.cc -o lightmap
Do you see an Error?

prissi

That looks fine ... mazbe this is a libpng problem. I hope this sundaz I find some time to fix the lightmap generator to generate correct shadows and then just submit a png.

wernieman

The next nightly will build with the "newest" ligtmap ... from today

wernieman

Please Test with the "newest" nightly PAK64 .. I make a new one r1312

Yona-TYT

isidoro

I get a similar effect when compiling ST and makeobj (r6901) and pak128 (r1323) in Linux.

Ters

Reminds me of my attempt at hardware rendering.

IgorEliezer

OMG! Matrix is melting! Run for the mountains. D:

EDIT: 3500th post. YAY!

wernieman

@isidoro

So could it be a "Linux PNG" Problem?
The nightly-Server is a Linux(64Bit)-System and the makeobj is a new compiled Version

makeobj.55.r6898
lightmap-1313

The libPNG have the Version: 1.5.17-r1

prissi

No the zoom out is broken if things are compiled with new makeobj. I reported already yesterday, and still have to find the cause.

wernieman

O.K. .. witch Version of makeobj i should use?

prissi

isidoro

I can confirm it is solved for pak128 (Linux).  Thanks, prissi.

Yona-TYT

Not know about you but I still have the same problem

Pak128 Nightly

greenling

Hello Dwachs & Prissi
I have now the Same bug they Yona-TYT have it, the zoom make the fault.
pak128.Britain-1336, pak128.open.r1328 + sim-wingdi_2013-11-24_v112.4_r6922
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

whoami

The nightly builds of pak64 (November 18th) and Pak128.Britain (20th) (I have only tested these) still have the zooming error. I have informed Wernieman.

(Bug reported here, too: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12839.msg127506 )

wernieman

I use:
makeobj.55.r6902

But ... it could be, that last Week was a wrong makeobj. Please test the newest (today) nightly for PAK64