News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Experimental is currently very unstable

Started by Junna, October 26, 2013, 11:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

I would just like to bring some attention to this fact. I am experiencing a lot of crashes that cannot easily be reproduced; such as crashes at months end infrequently (so I cannot reproduce them), sudden crashes on clicking depots for some reason, crashes when building or deleting ways-- none of which are easily reproduced.

whoami

Do you use version 11.12? Which pakset? With my small map that I started with this version an Pak.Britain.Ex, I have not experienced a single crash, but there are only a few trains and coaches that travel around. Also, passenger demand is very low, mail is not covered at all, goods transport has only started recently, power supply does not work due to a bug with substation placement.

I would suggest that you upload a savegame that causes crashes.

jamespetts

Hmm - curious. I have not noticed this problem. Which version are you using? Are you using a 64-bit or 32-bit version? If a 64-bit version, would you mind trying the 32-bit version to see whether that affects the stability issue? Did you compile this yourself? If so, from what branch?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

11.x compiled (It was just as unstable with the 11.12 official, however). It is the x64 version I have been using.

jamespetts

Can you try the 32-bit version and see whether that makes any difference, to try to narrow down the problem?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

I shall compile a 32 and see then. It is quite time consuming as the crashes are infrequent and hard to reproduce (sometimes not happening for hours, and then sometimes they happen close to each other, though not at specific occasions - sometimes these crashes happen when not doing anything in the game.)

jamespetts

Junna

So far, from the last two days, 32-bit does not have the same random crashes as 64 (some would occur with some sort of graphic glitch in game).

jamespetts

Hmm, interesting. Thank you for that. Has anyone else had trouble with the 64-bit version?

I am wondering whether this might be a .dll issue. Was it you who I asked to (and who did) use Dependency Walker in an effort to get the 64-bit version working, or was that someone else?

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on November 03, 2013, 10:41:05 PM
Hmm, interesting. Thank you for that. Has anyone else had trouble with the 64-bit version?

I am wondering whether this might be a .dll issue. Was it you who I asked to (and who did) use Dependency Walker in an effort to get the 64-bit version working, or was that someone else?

Indeed it was me who had to do that.

jamespetts

Do you think that you could run dependency walker again to see whether we can narrow down this problem? I suspect that it might be .dll related, as I have not had these issues when using the 64-bit version myself.