News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

SMSC November 2013: Lake

Started by An_dz, November 09, 2013, 09:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Before you crazy SMSC addicts start freaking out here's November edition. The topic is Lake and nomination ends in November 23th.

The size limit is still 800x600px but now you must choose one CC license from bottom of this post.

Rules
  • Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Lake
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed
  • Choose one of the available licenses
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used
  • Please include a name for your image
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at November 23th. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prizes:
  • Compliments by the community
  • Become the cover picture of our Facebook page
  • Become the Simutrans homepage image
Terms:
You must post only images under the following licenses: CC0, CC-BY 3.0 or newer, CC-BY-SA 3.0 or newer.

prissi

This sounds a little unfair, since very few paks have enabled climate support for now (needed for beaches and the like).

An_dz

I thought we had lakes since first Simutrans. The topic is lake, if it's in the same level from terrain or one level low it's still a lake. I don't think much lakes have beaches.

prissi

Every lake in a non-climate aware pakset will have a steep beach ... but then there are pak128, pak64, and pak128.britain with full climate support.

kierongreen

You could think of it as encouragement for pak authors to include climate support :p

Sarlock

I think you can make a nice looking lake with any pakset.  Whether the water is "lake" or "ocean" doesn't matter, nor does having it at grade or one level below.  What matters most is the choice of items for the shoreline, whether to present a section or lakeshore or an entire lake.  Lots of choices.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

An_dz

Exactly.
Sarlock got the point.

Anyway, if you want to include some support for the new landscape this can be included in one of the toolbars of your pakset:
toolbar[X][Y]=general_tool[38],ICON,,-1
toolbar[X][Y+1]=general_tool[38],ICON,,+1
toolbar[X][Y+2]=general_tool[39],ICON,,0
toolbar[X][Y+3]=general_tool[39],ICON,,1
toolbar[X][Y+4]=general_tool[39],ICON,,2
toolbar[X][Y+5]=general_tool[39],ICON,,3
toolbar[X][Y+6]=general_tool[39],ICON,,4
toolbar[X][Y+7]=general_tool[39],ICON,,5
toolbar[X][Y+8]=general_tool[39],ICON,,6
toolbar[X][Y+9]=general_tool[39],ICON,,7

Just remember to change X with the toolbar number, the Y+'s to the tool number and ICON to some number of another existent icon.
And you must be using a nightly.

SilverHorse

Urban oasis

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

By SilverHorse. Under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license

Welcome to the lake park. A green space where you can walk, relax and enjoy. The monuments among the trees and the old mill makes this park very beautiful. Visitors  can enjoy a wonderful wiew from the wheel or the tower. An old double-deck bus moves people from the city centre to the park, although people can arrive by metro railway too.

It's a created scenario from pak 128 with these Spanish Addons:

- AEC Aclo Regent III (double-deck bus).
- Pegaso 5020 (blue bus).
- Pegaso 6035-A (red articulated bus).
- DWK F-1000 L (grey mail van, near the post office).
- TMB Series 1000 (subway train).

You can get these and many other Spanish addons at The Simutrans Boxroom.

Spacethingy

Lake Towell
A hydro-electric dam is built across a desert river forming a reservoir, complete with ornate inspection tower. All this is at the unfortunate cost of draining the old lake, now only suitable for mining out precious metals using the small mine next-door.

Pak96.comic, engine version r6901, not a real game.

Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

Xelofino

Hey guys, I'm back after some months of absence (probably noone has realised^^)
-| Glace-upon-Lakington | -

The lïttle town of Glace-upon-Lakington is situated near the marvellous little lake in this wonderful mountain area. The castle near the Village is called Fort-upon-Lakington and inhabits the old royal family of Lakington, which counts 7 members still reigning over the province. The new dirt road with it's fabolous new tunel is heading to Seaverbridges which is, by the way, the local leader in scissors-manufacturing. The old Goardshire-Lakington line is taking passengers with it's rusty steam locomotive into the gorgeous valley of Goardshire. Many people come here to reside in the 5 star hotel called "Hotel-upon-Lakington". I personally know the barkeeper and profit of his benevolence, but that's another story to tell.

Unfortunately, the town has been stamped out of the ground totally arbitararily and the lake is just a huge blue balloon inflated with air. This isn't a real game either but just a way to show you the gracefulness of pak64.german, which is in fact the pakset used.

I hope you liked my little presentation of Glace-upon-Lakington and you will visite the Lakeside-walkway which is situated right at the train station and the busstop, there is a nice café there called "Café-upon-Lakington" ;) .

Xelofino

This work is under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 licence. Please see starting Post for more details.

p.s: I just realised that i forgot to undo the Tree-unvisibility...Let's just pretend they are there, because i allready deleted the save file^^

Enkort

Dreiecksee
is a small lake enclosed in a railway junction in Berlin.

real game, pak128.german with addons
Under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license

Sarlock

Lake Park

Located in the centre of a large metropolis, Lake Park is a place of relaxation and tranquility.  And lots of pigeons.

pak128
Not a real game

This work is released under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 licence.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics