News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Max bridge heights and half height

Started by HDomos, November 20, 2013, 09:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDomos

While playing with the new half height pak128 I noticed that there are height limits for bridges and for most of the bridges it is set to 6... There are no brdges i can make higher. I never even noticed this constrait before half height, but now I ran into it several times.

Is there a specific reason for this limit? I suppose it didn't change along with the conversation to half height. With half height 6 seems really low especially when playing on maps with mountainous terrain with the modern bridges (like the high speed rail bridges which can be really long).

I attached the dat files of the rail and road bridges with this limit doubled (to match with the new half height).

Fabio

At the time I first painted the rail bridges, bridges higher than 6 (or was it 7?) didn't display correctly the pillars, hence the limitation, which at the time was quite acceptable anyway.
With half height, I agree that this limit is too low indeed (just 3 of the old full tiles). However, I don't know whether the pillars issue got solved meanwhile.
I would appreciate some testing and/or Kieron's word if he met & solved it.

kierongreen

I think there's a hard limit in simutrans of about 6 or 7 anyway.

HDomos

I did not see any problems after I set the limit to 12 on the rail bridges (though i've only tested it with th 320km/h bridge). I will test it further then :)

Fabio

Quote from: kierongreen on November 21, 2013, 05:47:08 PM
I think there's a hard limit in simutrans of about 6 or 7 anyway.
Could this limit be doubled to preserve the actual old max height (also for savegame conversion)?

greenling

Hello Fabio
I have remark that the the build lenth from some bridge are to short it.
And the weightlimit in some bridge are wrong too.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!