News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

11.13 - Airplanes don't take off properly

Started by Zeno, November 21, 2013, 07:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

Don't know if it happened before, but in 11.13 airplanes just fly after loading, without the usual taking off process.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Zeno

jamespetts

Is this problem reproducible in Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0? If not, I think that I have an idea where the problem is.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Zeno

No, not present in pak128.britain-ex. Some dat parameters? This behavior wasn't present in previous versions (11.6 or 11.7), was it??

jamespetts

This is, I strongly suspect, related to the code change to allow for VTOL for things such as airships: if an aircraft has a minimum runway length of 0, it is considered a VTOL aircraft and behaves accordingly. I think that I forgot that, in a non-compatible pakset, the default parameter is zero. I shall have to change the default. Thank you for your report!

Zeno

Oh, thanks James. I wasn't aware about the VTOL thing at all, that opens interesting options :)

jamespetts

Spacethingy

Sorry for the thread-jack, but any chance of that being implemented in Standard as well, when it's done? Helicopters represent a big hole in my Simutrans experience at the moment... :)
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

greenling

Hello Spacethingy
Helicopters in simutrans they are a missing thing but i can me rember that here im forum give some Helicopters addons.
But i do not know how they lay.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Dwachs

Quote from: Spacethingy on November 22, 2013, 11:25:32 AM
Sorry for the thread-jack, but any chance of that being implemented in Standard as well, when it's done? Helicopters represent a big hole in my Simutrans experience at the moment... :)
Looking for volunteers ;) Here is the relevant commit in experimental:

https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-experimental/commit/e5944ce7d6f963da68f00899ea911deb0720c5b0

It depends loosely on the minimum runway length feature exclusively to experimental. This could be ported back as well.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

Ahh, rats, forgot about this one when releasing 11.14 - however, this is now fixed on the 11.x branch.