News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

screen moving

Started by pletiplot, November 17, 2013, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pletiplot

Hi,
simutrans allows to move the screen two ways: regular - moving the view with mouse - and inverted - terain moves with the mouse. The inverted ways is more close to googlemaps way and is more intuitive and is more close to the modern touch-screen devices. But - after moving the terain the cursor jumps back to the original screen position, which destroys the relative association between cursor position and mouse "on-table position". Then I need to move mouse upon the table with no cursor move and it is very anoying. Can someone look at it?
Thanks.

Ters

The resetting of the mouse position is to prevent the mouse from leaving the window and affecting other applications during a drag. Is this not a problem with inverted panning? (I don't know how to use the inverted way.)

Markohs

I understand the problem, pletipot, but reseting the mouse position is necessary because if you don't do it it might end being outside the simutrans window. The current way of handling this is imho, better, because it allows you to drag infinitely, without the need to release, move and click again.

What you suggest whould just give use a google maps on a pad dragging, more annoying imho, but ofc a bit more "natural"

No?

prissi

One could however reset the mouse only if moved with 50 pixel of the window/screen border.

Markohs

That's a good idea, but strange.

Maybe someone should try it, test it and see how it feels. It's all just in siminteraction.cc, interaction_t::move_view