News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Britain P192C add-ons

Started by Taurus, December 03, 2013, 10:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taurus

This here will be the official thread for the british addon set for the pak192.comic
Currently Flemmbrav and me are working on this project, if somebody wants to join they are more than welcome. Just contact me or Flemmbrav.
Why did we start it?
Pak192.comics home is continental Europe, but there are just some nice british trains.
The idea is to build a big addon with british stuff, for all simutrans players, who don't like to play only with the current objects,but with addons as well.

I removed the pictures and the downloadlinks as they are avaliable on our Website.

Currently we have 20 different vehicles:

Class 59 in DB Schenker livery
Class 92 in DB Schenker livery
Class 55 in British Rail Blue livery
Class 153 in First Great Western and in East Midland livery
Class 220 in Virgin Rail livery

The Electrostar Set with:
Class 357 in c2c white and blue livery.
Class 375 in Southeastern livery
Class 376 in Southeastern livery
Class 377 in First Capital Connect and in Southern Rail livery.
Class 378 in London Overground livery.
Class 379 in National Express East Coast livery.

Class 390 in Virgin Rail livery
IC 125 in First Great Western and in East Midland livery
Class 307 in British Rail livery
Class 312 in British Rail livery

2 Variants of the Mk 1 Coach
Mk2 C

A third rail electirfication

Constructive critic and error reports are welcome.

Max-Max

Nice, but only two of the pictures show, the other seems to be broken.
- My code doesn't have bugs. It develops random features...

An_dz

I don't see any. Using DropBox is not a good option, I have seen sdog's avatar very few times because it's hosted on Dropbox as well. I always get 404 from Dropbox.

Taurus

They should be working now.

Fabio

An_dz

Great, they look amazing, love the chosen liveries. You might use some for this month SMSC. ;)

Are they pixel made, 3D or vector?

Quote from: Fabio on December 04, 2013, 06:12:11 PM
Tried tinypic.com?
No imageshack.

Taurus

They are Pixel made, mostly with ye good ol' MS paint.

Flemmbrav

QuoteImageshack is down for me
but not for me  :P

I present:
my newest Work, a british class 92 in DB Schenker livery

IgorEliezer

Quote from: An_dz on December 04, 2013, 04:59:52 AM
I don't see any. Using DropBox is not a good option, I have seen sdog's avatar very few times because it's hosted on Dropbox as well. I always get 404 from Dropbox.
We encourage people to use the forum attachment system to publish addons and development files since we make backups and file sharing services may break the links or delete the files for inactivity (screenshots and temp files can be hosted elsewhere though). It's a safer way to make sure the addon will be available for longer time.

Taurus

With a max. size of 64 kb each and max. total size of 256 kb it is not enough to upload things like the first post.

FS1819

Are you guys making any buses or trams?
LEYLAND FOREVER!

Flemmbrav

I don't know, let time come, let addons come ;)

but something like a red double-decker bus cannot be ruled out ;)

what about a third rail?

Download

ZBOX

Class 375 in Southeastern livery and Class 92 in DB Schenker livery and Class 444 in East Midland livery do not show up in my game, where as the rest of your trains do show up. any ideas ?

are these working for anyone esle ?

Cheers.

Taurus

Juging by the fact that they are all electric, have you electrified the depot?

Flemmbrav

well,
are you sure, that your depot have got an electrification? (overhead or third rail)
do you see the EMU tab?

EDIT: hmpf, Taurus was faster...

ZBOX

Thank you Flemmbrav and Taurus,

Im sorry, it was a mistake on my part, You are both correct, i did not install the electric rail, thank you i have it working all fine now, really great work, the trains look fantastic.

Cheers.

Taurus

Well, small mistakes can have a huge impact  ;). Glad to help and happy that you enjoy the trains.

Taurus

Thanks to Flemmbrav we have quite a large update today. The complete Electroastar family has been added. Download is in the first post.

boriselperro

Excellent! I love them. Keep them coming, please. I have just taken my first tentative steps in trying to understand blender and when I am up to it I would be delighted to add to this. But it won't be in the next five minutes!

Flemmbrav

thanks a lot!

all these vehicles are made with Gimp, you don't need to learn, how to work with blender ;)
If you need some templates or sources of some of them, tell me!

Taurus

Nice to see that you like the vehicles. As Flemmbrav said, you can just contact us if you need templates or any other help.

Taurus

We are not dead, yet.
Here is the first of the Turbostar family: the London Midland Version of the Class 172.
On the picture you see the two possible formations, 2-car and 3-car. Download will be here for now, planning to redo the first post (getting a bit unstructurated and long).

Download Class 172

Taurus

A small history package: the locomotives do not fit, but they were the best avaliable choice.

OT: Is there a way to edit a post and make it appear as new? Do not want the thread to be 90% my posts.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Taurus on June 14, 2014, 09:42:06 PM
OT: Is there a way to edit a post and make it appear as new? Do not want the thread to be 90% my posts.

Afraid not - that's why the 24h rule exists on bumping, though, because otherwise people wouldn't know there was something new. OTOH, IMHO, it's perfectly fine to have post after post from you in a context like that. :)

Taurus

Thanks for the feedback. It was more the feeling of just posting for myself. Even if every post would have contained content I would have felt bad with a thread with 90 % my posts. Without download counters on Dropbox it is hard to know if anyone is acutally using them/took a look at them.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Hmm... I suppose it doesn't help too much, but this thread has 1428 Views as of tonight...

Maybe another way to help might be for me to set you up with a subdomain on the server - there's stats in cPanel that can tell you how many times a file was downloaded. Wouldn't capture previous downloads, but would start with new ones... can't dropbox to the server, but can FTP... If you want, I'd be glad to set that up. Direct links are fine - don't have to make a webpage...

I haven't tried them because I'm currently playing pak64.german, but I can say they look really nice, at least. :)

Taurus

Thank you for the suggestion, I will have to talk to Flemmbrav before we decide, but we probably will do it.

Flemmbrav

is there something which is speaking against that?

and i guess it would be quite interesting to see how many people are downloading that stuff

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'll PM you both with logins :)

Taurus

So, with a lot of help from Isaac, we managed to put together a Website. Click Here
All of the things are avaliable for download there and it is much easier to do so now.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Bima Fals Maharania

How about BR Class 37, BR Class 90, BR Class 180, BR Class 370, and BR Class 395?

Taurus

The class 180 and 395 maybe in a more distant future, but I will see about the rest.

Flemmbrav

@Taurus why do you think so?
@Birma... i guess it would by a good option to try it by your own
because i definitly won't make one of them next time
and taurus is busy with some others too.
- and you'll get some experience with different kinds of trains (you never made something with profile - don't you? ;) )

the new class 153 in FGW livery:

no download 'couse there are only four directions complete right now - it'll comes later

Taurus

Well, a taste of a classic today. The class 55 "Deltic" in it's natural enviroment, pulling an express with Mk 2s.

EDIT: Cleaned up the first post
EDIT#2: Class 55 is finished and ready for download on our website. The roof of the mk2 has been fixed aswell.