News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Waiting times

Started by AvG, January 01, 2014, 02:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvG

James,
Running 11.14.
The scenario is now 13 monthes old. I invested 1,3 million, gradualy increaded max waiting-times until they are double the original values.
Still losing money.
I followed 2 times pax from Utrecht W to Amsterdam W. This journey consists of : bus, tram, train, tram, bus. This is clearly a medium trip (50 km)
In both cases the pax disappeared the moment the train arrived and they could enter. They just gave up and vanished.

I try to analyse this problem and have the most importent question for now:

How do I interprete the waiting times at a stop????

I think if the stop belongs to only one line all waiting times for the direct connections should be roughly the same. In practice I see however values varying from 10 min to 2 hours.

Can you explain that?
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

There are some bugs that have been reported in 11.14 that have lead some people to revert to 11.13 for the time being - see this thread. At least some of the issues that you are describing seem to be connected to those reported problems.

As to interpreting waiting times at stops generally, the waiting time displayed is the average amount of time that goods/mail/passengers have actually had to wait between arriving at the stop and boarding the line or convoy in question for each destination, subject to a process where old waiting times are made stale. It is not desirable to universalise waiting times based on single lines, as goods/mail/passengers will not always board the same lines: if there are multiple lines providing direct connexions to the destinations, then passengers/mail/goods may well board either of those convoys, and the waiting times need to reflect that.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.