News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

What is "Other" in the Finance Window (and why positive Inf. Maintenance)?

Started by zook2, December 27, 2013, 04:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

I don't understand what that category comprises. In my 1860 game, I have coach depots/bus stops and shipyards/docks only. Now when I select "Other" in the finance window, it tells me that there were revenues, running and construction costs in this category, and strangely enough, my "Inf. Maint." costs are positive.
(I'm using the current Pak128.BritEx with 11.3)

jamespetts

This categorisation is unchanged from Standard; however a credit balance from infrastructure maintenance indicates a possible bug (if we have both understood the position correctly). Does this situation persist after saving/reloading?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

zook2

No, it disappeared. "Other" is now almost identical to "All", while the past months for the other categories are at zero.

jamespetts

If you can find steps reliably to reproduce the positive revenue from infrastructure maintenance, can you post this in the simutrans-experimental development forum as a bug report?

As to "other" - what are you earning your income from?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Zeno

I get the same behavior with standard 128 in 11.13. Every time I load the game, all tabs are set to zero and everything goes to other. From then, everything counts correctly in its corresponding tab, but everything goes back to zero (well, in fact goes to tt_other) whenever the game is reloaded. Looks like the balance history isn't properly saved and/or restored.

jamespetts

Ahh, a useful insight, thank you. This appears on the face of it to be a save/load error. Will move this thread to the development subforum and look into fixing when I get back home.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I have now looked into this. The issue occurs because the Standard part of the saved game version (112.3) is not high enough to trigger the loading/saving of the detailed types of statistics. This will be automatically fixed in the next major release (which increments the version number).

Incidentally, the "other" category was intended for miscellaneous things such as buying land/buildings which do not have a specific accounting category.