News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Experimental 11.15 Consistent Crash

Started by Drewthegreat87, January 17, 2014, 02:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewthegreat87

Hello,

I'm running Simutrans Experimental 11.15 with Pak128 Experimental Britain. Basically, this is a new game and when the game clock moves to February, the game freezes and "windows starts to look for a solution." This crash happens every time I get to that point in time. I cannot attach the save game as it's too big for the attachment system. I'll send it if I can get a ways/means (probably email) to get it to whomever. Now, I built the map in standard and opened it in Experimental (I have a hard time getting maps looking the way I would like in Experimental itself), so if that's the issue here, then I'll just bite the bullet and remake the map. I'm not sure what else could be the case...

Thanks!

Junna

That shouldn't be the problem (the latter part). You should use some kind of uploading service to share your file - mediefire works fine, or anything else you might prefer.

Drewthegreat87

http://www.mediafire.com/download/duv75yn37ddd9vn/exp_game_2%5B1%5D.sve Link to the save game file.

I forgot to mention that I'm running the game in the x64 bit version. My Windows OS is 64bit and most of my computer components are optimized for 64 bit as well, so nominally I don't think that should be the issue, but you never know.

Drewthegreat87

Something else I've noticed too, is that in another game I started on my laptop, the barges that I have don't seem to want to unload their cargo. They'll load an initial load, but then won't off load it.

Here's the save game for that issue: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pbfku9i9oqb7gov/Exp%20Game.sve

Jando

Quote from: Drewthegreat87 on January 17, 2014, 07:19:40 AM
Something else I've noticed too, is that in another game I started on my laptop, the barges that I have don't seem to want to unload their cargo. They'll load an initial load, but then won't off load it.

Just a wild shot here: frequently the problem is that the convoy needs more tiles space than the player provides. Like a convoy 3 tiles long trying to fit into a single tile canal dock.

Drewthegreat87

Jando,

I'll look into that. I hadn't thought of that for a reason, actually.

I tested the save that keeps crashing and it works on the non-64 bit version of 11.15. I had some difficulty in getting the version working at all as it kept asking me for missing .dll files (MSVCR/MSVCP [I think] etc). On my laptop, which I tested the crashing game, it worked just fine in the 32 bit version, as my 64 bit version gives me a "failed to execute file" warning on start up. The opposite is true on my desktop where the 32 bit version won't start for the same reason, but the 64 bit version does. Sorry if that seems confusing. Just the situation I'm facing at the moment which may or may not be the reason why the save game isn't working well...

Junna

Quote from: Drewthegreat87 on January 17, 2014, 06:46:16 PM
Jando,

I'll look into that. I hadn't thought of that for a reason, actually.

I tested the save that keeps crashing and it works on the non-64 bit version of 11.15. I had some difficulty in getting the version working at all as it kept asking me for missing .dll files (MSVCR/MSVCP [I think] etc). On my laptop, which I tested the crashing game, it worked just fine in the 32 bit version, as my 64 bit version gives me a "failed to execute file" warning on start up. The opposite is true on my desktop where the 32 bit version won't start for the same reason, but the 64 bit version does. Sorry if that seems confusing. Just the situation I'm facing at the moment which may or may not be the reason why the save game isn't working well...

Hmm, interesting, I believe I also had this issue with the .dll's for the 64-bit version, which occasionally crashes for me for reasons I am not sure of - including graphical glitches). I wonder if it might be the same problem-- Do you run Windows 7 x64 as well?

ӔO

Maybe try these dll files?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17111233/msvcrdll.rar

They work for me and I took them right out of my experimental folder.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm - can't reproduce this, I am afraid.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Drewthegreat87

Quote from: Junna on January 17, 2014, 10:45:43 PM
Hmm, interesting, I believe I also had this issue with the .dll's for the 64-bit version, which occasionally crashes for me for reasons I am not sure of - including graphical glitches). I wonder if it might be the same problem-- Do you run Windows 7 x64 as well?

Yeah, I run Windows 7 64bit.

@AEO: Those .dll files you uploaded worked and got my 32bit verison of Experimental going on my desktop computer. I ran the bad save game and it worked fine too, so I guess the probably must've been with something in the 64 bit version? Evidence seems to point that way.

Thanks for the help guys!

ӔO

My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

I should note that it was with the 64 bit version that I tested and could not reproduce the crash.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Drewthegreat87

Quote from: jamespetts on January 18, 2014, 12:08:07 PM
I should note that it was with the 64 bit version that I tested and could not reproduce the crash.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what was causing it then. I definitely know that it was only when I ran it with the 64 bit version, but if you can't repeat it on yours, then it probably has something to do with a local setting within my own system causing some sort of fault. That said, I do have it working in regular experimental, so it really isn't as big an issue for me, however, others may or may not have issues. I know Junna mentioned above similar random crashes with the 64 bit...

After replacing my .dlls with the ones provided by AEO, both versions are working fine. I just tried the save with the 64 bit again and it seems to work properly...If something happens, I'll try to reproduce it and get another save up here...

Thanks for the help, everyone!

jamespetts

Hmm, there do seem to be a number of .dll based issues that users have reported recently. These are, however, notoriously difficult to track down.

genwill

Playing 112.3 ex 11.15 x64 on win 7
Game started in 1830 on 11.something is now June 157

Game crashes out to desktop on month change.

jamespetts

Thank you very much for your report. Can you upload a saved game in which this error can be reproduced? I should be most grateful.

(Use http://files.simutrans-germany.com for uploading saved games).