News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

SimutransExp11.15

Started by AvG, January 14, 2014, 03:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvG

James,
Running Win 8.1.

When switching from 11.13 to 11.15 I get a fatal error, due to an invalid vehicle type. I use the mail "vehicle" from standard and have lots of them town by busses.
They are accepted in 11.13.
Can that type cause the problem.
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. May I ask - what do you mean by the "mail 'vehicle'" here? Which pakset is this from?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AvG

Reinstalling 11.13 gave the same problem as 11.15. However, in 11.15 I only tried my last savegame. A savegame of a month earlier behaves allright.
So I will reinstall 11.15 and give it a new try.

That "mail-vehicle" is a solution in Standard (already years old) to make it possible that f.í. buses can carry not only passengers, but also mail.
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Ohh, I see - like the hulls and holds for ships in Pak128.Britain?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Teokryt

Something goes wrong. "repair" tractive force broke transport. In early  XX century, I use horses to transport wood but their force is too low and pull wood container at 4km/h (in 11.13 pull at max speed).
Second bad thing is passenger transport. Passengers don't use public transport as well as before. Horse trams riding empty or with few passengers. This situation drive me to bankruptcy after few years.

Instant crashes gone away!

AvG

As said before installed 11.15, with older save-file.
Running OK.
After 4 years and spending 2,2 million credits I have a steady net-profit of 30 K/month.

Teokryt: What do you mean by "repair" tractive force. Are you using own dat-files?
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Quote from: Teokryt on January 15, 2014, 09:03:11 PM
Something goes wrong. "repair" tractive force broke transport. In early  XX century, I use horses to transport wood but their force is too low and pull wood container at 4km/h (in 11.13 pull at max speed).

I am not quite sure what you mean by this, I am afraid. What are you referring to by "repair" of tractive force?

QuoteSecond bad thing is passenger transport. Passengers don't use public transport as well as before. Horse trams riding empty or with few passengers. This situation drive me to bankruptcy after few years.

Are you referring here to a difference in ridership between 11.13 and 11.15 with the same map without any changes other than version?

scamps

Quote from: jamespetts on January 15, 2014, 09:20:13 PM
Are you referring here to a difference in ridership between 11.13 and 11.15 with the same map without any changes other than version?

More likely, a difference between 11.13 and 11.14 that has been mentioned in another thread.

Quote from: Junna on December 23, 2013, 10:01:54 PM
I've had some oddities as well, the total number of goods transported dropped suddenly by almost half.

I too noticed that effect. A 2 times drop in number of passengers is hard not to notice...

EDIT To be clear: continuing a game in progress from 11.13, no settings changed.

jamespetts

Scamps - are you aware that version 11.15 is now available which addresses the mentioned issues in 11.14?

scamps

I stand corrected. 11.15 indeed fixed the bug I mentioned.
Posted before trying 11.15  :-[