News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Amplify map in city hall

Started by Hitardo, January 18, 2014, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitardo

Hello to all,

Is there a way to amplify the map that shows where passengers and mail want to go?
My map is huge, and it is difficult to me to see where exactly I am not providing transport services.

This map is shown in each City Hall.

Can you help me? :)
Thanks in advance.
Always looking for new things, new knowledge.

jamespetts

What you need to do is open the normal minimap and select the "pax dest" (I think that that is what it is labelled - different versions of Simutrans and different paksets label it differently; in Experimental, it is "Pass. dest.") button, then click on the city hall of the town that you want to analyse, and the passengers' destinations will be displayed on the minimap, which you can then zoom.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Hitardo

Hello again,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to click in "Destinations" and I confess I do not see any difference in my mini map when I active/deactivate this option.

The only option I saw was "Passengers" (and "Mail"), but this option is regarding the zones that are served by your current system.
It is very helpful, but exactly what I wanted.

I wanted to see where the passengers want to go.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Ters

When you enable destinations, the map doesn't change instantly. It rather seems that new marks appear when new passengers are generated. Moving the map seems to clear previous marks.

Hitardo

Ters, judging by the point you just made, what is the use of this functions (Passengers)?

For me, it as no use if the marks are cleared when I the map is moved.

Can you be more clear, please?
Is the passengers generated by new lines?

Ters

Passengers are continuously generated. Orange marks mean that passenger were unable to find a route, and so never turned up at a stop. Yellow means route was found, so that the passenger became "real" so to speak. Passengers are generated in pairs, one going each way. I'm not sure if the other passenger in the pair is plotted.

Although the marks disappear when the map moves, it appears that they get redrawn on next refresh. So just keep still for a moment. They are probably reset when the next month begins to avoid swamping the map (and memory).

The passengers and mail buttons show catchment area of respective stops. That's what the tooltip says, and it very much looks that way in the map as well.

Hitardo

Already tested it, and it worked as you explained.

Thanks for the help!
Cheers :)