News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Volvo Olympian Graphics update

Started by VOLVO, January 23, 2014, 03:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO

I do realise that the RH Olympian's graphics doesn't quite suit the other buses,
so here's an updated one.
However the pak that i made doesn't work on simutrans for some reason
can anyone help?

Combuijs

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

VOLVO

Could use the old one, but there you go

Lmallet

I'm a bit rusty with makeobj, but shouldn't the file names in your EmptyImage matches the name of the PNG?
ie:  EmptyImage[E]=./images/RHVolvoOlympianupdated.0.0

Combuijs

Well, the dat file points to an images\RHVolvoOlympian.png file. Yours is now called RHVolvoOlympianUpdated.png. In your file system it should either be called RHVolvoOlympian.png or you should change the dat file.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

VOLVO

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but it still doesn't work.. :-[

jamespetts

The easiest thing to do is to name your new image the same as the old one and try it using the old .dat file. If it does not work then, then the issue will need to be investigated further. Incidentally, did you use Blender to create this graphic? If so, it would be helpful if you could update your .blend file to allow others to make changes (for example, by adding other liveries, adapting it into another, similar 'bus, or changing the scale) later.

Thank you for your work on this!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

VOLVO

This is, unfortunately, not blender made graphics..
However I'm learning the mapping skills to make class 150/2s with various liveries (Arrivas, Merseyrail etc).
Although the original Regional Railways livery of the 150/1 is not mapped on, the blue lines are separated objects,
which I've found some issues on working on that ???

The olympian works now. Thanks guys. Now some fine tuning..

P.S. The graphics for the150/2 is attached below

VOLVO

It now looks the part!