News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

REAL Simutrans Android Port

Started by Bricktop, January 26, 2014, 12:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Hey guys ! I've searched all forum to see if anyone mentioned this before (but apparently not) :

Almighty Pelya (who also ported Open TTD to android and numerous SDL game clones) made a  perfectly working Simutrans android port.
Suitable for bigger screens (im playing on 10" asus tf) but still if You want to check it out head on to http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl-android/files/Simutrans/ <- and take a bite.

Ters

I wonder how one can make a perfectly working Simutrans port without modifier buttons. Has it repurposed some system buttons as modifier keys? Or does it have a tiny virtual keyboard?

Bricktop

It has hidden virtual keyboard. I dont even use modifier buttons so i dont mind,
EDIT
Also you can configure some gestures as every button or combination.

prissi

The last port was very old. We never heard from him (or her) for a long time after an initial release on the play store.

The current nightly has a lot of functions (scaleable tool and menu buttons, scrolling with left click) and so on, which would make life on a tablet much more easy.

Bricktop

Well the current port is based on nov 28 2013 nightly. Is there a way to scale window buttons up? that would help much.

prissi

No that was introduced later, in r 6995 on 19th Dec.

ledons

prissi did you get my pm i really need help plzz :)

Ters

If you really need help, don't send personal messages. It may take weeks before someone logs on to read them.

ledons

:) thanks a lot. i actually finally figured out the solution to my failure of installation, the code was failure to connect to host and i ended up forwarding ports. just never had this problem with the previous versions, but thanks a lot again