News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Errors in toolbar graphics

Started by jamespetts, January 28, 2014, 12:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

The toolbar graphics in the current svn (as automatically exported to Github), as intended to be used with the half-heights feature, contains a number of buttons that have graphical errors. Most of the errors seem to consist of the buttons having a transparent background, whereas one maglev button is half-size (caused by the game detecting it as being larger than 128x128, which can happen if not every pixel around it is of the transparent colour).

I have not had a chance to look into the cause of these at this time, but a screenshot showing all the affected buttons that I could find is here:

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

I've already submitted a bug report about this. Apparently stray pixels cause the problem, which I need to investigate further, but for some reason the latest versions of standard pick up on these stray pixels but older versions do not.

jamespetts

This wouldn't cause the problems with the transparent background, would it; only the small icon?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

No idea about that one. Is it in standard too/

jamespetts

Is it not just an error in the graphics themselves?

The Hood

Shouldn't be. I've not seen it before. Interestingly all of these have slope graphics - wonder if the dat is pointing at the wrong image somehow? No idea why it might have changed though.

prissi

The nightly can detect the size of icons to scale them all up (for large screens or tablets). Hence if the image is wider it will scaled to the same size. Remove the stray pixel and everything is fine again.

The Hood

James - the transparent icons are not present in my dev version of standard pak128.Britain. No idea where yours have come from...