News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Swaffield swallowed Forfield

Started by zook2, February 07, 2014, 01:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

I have a pair of "twin cities" on my map, which are so close together that even at the beginning of the game they formed one continuous urban area. Thirty years later I wanted to electrify Forfield and for that I needed to find a tile belonging to it, but I didn't find one. Some buildings are marked as "City of Forfield" and the stops I placed there were called automatically named "Forfield Cemetery Stop" etc., so Forfield actually existed. But over the years, Swaffield apparently has taken over all of it. Even the ground beneath Forfield City Hall (and every other building I examined) belongs to Swaffield now. I'm going to rename it "Donald Trump Park".

It's not a problem, though; I need to electrify only one city now. But is that behavior intended?

jamespetts

This behaviour is not specifically intended, but it is a natural byproduct of the current system, and not a bug as such. Neroden once proposed a system whereby one city would be formally subsumed into the other if this occurred, but this would be very tricky to write, as it would require tracking down pointers to the removed city everywhere in the code and updating them.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.