News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Renaming Tourist Attractions

Started by cy087, February 09, 2014, 11:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cy087

What would be really nice would be a way to rename tourist attractions like we can do for factories, stops, yards etc.  The ones that do allow renames are great. They show up on the map and the mini-map and the lists. But if, say, two cities have (pak198) "Tennis clubs" located within a common area it would be handy to see "Alphaville Tennis Club" and "Betaville Tennis Club".

I appreciate that tourist attractions are not associated with a particular city. Its' just for gameplay purposes it would be nice to be able to discern them by name rather than having to muck around with the map until I find which one I am trying to set routes to.

I am not sure whether this would need to go to Monuments or not.

cy

p.s. I have picture of what I am talking about but I can't remember which of the 40.000 image sharing accounts still works.

Ters

Attractions are just plain buildings, which don't have individual names. I think giving all buildings names would cause a rather big increase in memory consuption, savegame size and loading/saving time.

Václav

Ters: I think so.

I change name of stations near those attractions instead it - and it is sufficient. In case of attractions (or even monuments, aside of stations near them don't change name in according to object name of that monument).

Renaming of factories I use in case of farms, where I have then for example Forest "Pine" Liberec. And as time goes, and factories become more cross-connected, I see that Sawmill Jihlava needs wood from forests Forest "Pine" Liberec and Forest "Spruce" Ostrava.

When I played pak128 (with French food chains), I had wineyards where I used a name of wine specie (for example Riesling, Müller-Thurgau or so).

And also I rename coal mines (where I use female names) ... and so on.

But I don't see why to rename attractions - unless in list of attractions could be written name of city where it stands.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Ters

Adding city name to attraction list might be doable, if all attractions are attached to a city.

Václav

Quote from: Ters on February 12, 2014, 05:10:46 PM
Adding city name to attraction list might be doable, if all attractions are attached to a city.
I am not sure, but I am worried about that not - that ones out of cities are not attached.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní