News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Server game offline saves - passwords not recognised?

Started by AP, February 09, 2014, 01:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

I've saved  local copies of the server game, useful for fast-forwarding to check my company isn't heading for a downward spiral, or to "test" routes in a low-risk environment.

Except that, for the latter, I need to access the company construction menus.

And it seems that the offline save doesn't recognise the password I set up (I checked multiple times/multiple saves, it isn't just me being fat-fingered / caps-lock etc). Is this deliberate / fixable?

jamespetts

Hmm - I can't reproduce this. Is anyone else having this issue?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Passwords are saved on the server only. The savegame is saved without password (at least on the server, but I think this applies to the client too).

ӔO

My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

AP

Weird. I'll have another go at saving/testing.

It was definitely prompting me for a password every time i clicked a button to build something, as though I'd entered a wrong password and such that i couldn't actually build anything.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Sarlock

You will run in to this issue with the game if you're continuing on with the server game after disconnection.  All you need to do is save and load and then you can run it fine without passwords.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

AP

Well this is interesting. Not quite as Sarlock says (although that may be true too), but it gave me a clue:

1. Load server game
2. Save local copy
3. Load local copy (ergo disconnect from server)
-> Local copy asks for password.

yet if you introduce an extra step 2.5 "exit and restart simutrans" it seems not to ask for the password.

Because I was deliberately saving the "latest" server game, before fastforwarding/testing with it, I wasn't restarting the program (no reason to).

jamespetts

Hmm, odd. Is this behaviour different in Standard? I have not changed the code in this respect from Standard, so far as I recall, at least.