News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

How do I place airport runways

Started by erius, August 13, 2008, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erius

After long time of not playing, i found this new "stable" version, and i'm playin it now.

but I forgot how to place airport runways properly :'( so my concordes sometimes just stuck and drop the passengers directly into the airport stop tile instead of using runways..

how do I place the runways (one for arrival and one for departure) properly so that planes don't stuck or move in a weird zigzag way?

thanks in advance. i love simutrans.

wipi35

Or this one!

Colin

Or like this one, making sure you use the traffic signals to ensure the planes take off and land on different runways.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

DonnyRover3

How do you make taxiways one direction only?

prissi

DonnyRover3

Colin

Quote from: DonnyRover3 on August 17, 2008, 06:27:24 PM
How do you make taxiways one direction only?

Yes,  use the stop signs provided in the menu, as I said in my previous post. You put them on the left side (or oposite sides of the runway) of the plane. Or right side if your country differs.

If you enlarge my sreenshot you will see them.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

wipi35

Quote from: Colin on August 17, 2008, 11:43:20 PM
If you enlarge my sreenshot you will see them.
Difficult to see, which Pak did you use??  In Pak128 one-way signs  can only be applied on the taxiways and they appear in the middle of them.

Colin

Quote from: wipi35 on August 18, 2008, 11:08:26 AM
Difficult to see, which Pak did you use??  In Pak128 one-way signs  can only be applied on the taxiways and they appear in the middle of them.

I used PAK64, but they are very similar and they DO go on the taxiways, but on one the stop sign will be right up against the runway, and on the other it will be slightly down from the runway. The planes will obey the stop sign. you will find that if you put both stop signs the same way the planes will either fly in circles or land directly on the terminal stop. If that happens just change one of the stop signs and the planes will take of and land on different runways. If you look closely at my screen shot you can clearly see the stop sign at the end of the right hand taxiway right up agains the runway.

Thought for the day