News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Metro-Scania Metropolitan

Started by FS1819, February 16, 2014, 05:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FS1819

I am not sure about the scaling though. I set my dimensions to Metric, and made the model 9.7m long, 2.5m wide, and ~4.4m tall.
When I render a 128x128 image, I get a width of 8px, measuring horizontally across the front.
LEYLAND FOREVER!

jamespetts

Those look good so far! I cannot comment on the scale as these are not 128x128 images, but I should note that the windows need to be plain black rather than grey. Apart from those details, these are rather splendid. I recognise the London livery, incidentally, but not the two others; where are those from?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

FS1819

I've made them black and rendered it in 128.

The other two are of China Motor Bus of Hong Kong. I included them just as a showcase. I started the 3D model, looking at a pair 1:76 models.

http://www.orientalmodelbuses.co.uk/mcw/metro-scania/AS1003.htm
LEYLAND FOREVER!

The Hood

Another good model! Hard to tell on the scaling but have you got a completed png/dat yet? Would be good to see it in game to compare to other buses...

VOLVO

May I ask how did you manage to render without the background dissolving into the actual graphics? Thanks :)

FS1819

Quote from: VOLVO on March 03, 2014, 06:08:50 PM
May I ask how did you manage to render without the background dissolving into the actual graphics? Thanks :)
If you are talking about the slightly transparent edge pixels, I can't. There are still traces of black around the edges.
LEYLAND FOREVER!

Sarlock

You can just save it with an alpha channel PNG (F3 in Blender) and then strip the alpha channel with a picture editor like GIMP.  I use the Threshold Alpha feature in GIMP to remove it, set it around 50-150, depending on how much of the edge you want to clip or retain.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

The Hood

It's possible to do all that in blender - all of my models (as with kierongreen and jamespetts) use settings that avoid the edge pixels. Make sure you use the same render settings as the other pak128.Britain blends (can't remember them right now - in work).

greenling

Hello FS1819
Your New Busses look very good out.
Do you live in a Conutry there have be drive this busses how you be paint have?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!